cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet aren't an e-mail provider.

GB104

Plusnet aren't an e-mail provider.

Hi
hope someone can help....  normally access email via IMAP and today I have found that because my email size was over 1GB plusnet has deleted the whole of the largest mailbox,  anyone any ideas on how I can get this back ?
I was informed of this in April, the emails made no reference to what the mailbox sizes were, and the mails in one particular mailbox  were deleted shortly after that.
Today I was informed "Plusnet aren't an e-mail provider. "  and because of the time there was no chance of recovering that mailbox.
so just be careful if you rely on plusnet email, you may want to choose a company which does think of itself as an email provider.
2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Plusnet aren't an e-mail provider.

Sorry to hear you've been inconvenienced Sad
From what I can ascertain though, we sent plenty of reminders spanning several weeks (possibly months). We also archived the mail for a month or so prior to deleting it.
To avoid this sort of thing happening, it's probably best to ensure that you're frequently checking the mailboxes of any addresses that are important to you.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Plusnet aren't an e-mail provider.

Quote from: GB104
I was informed of this in April, the emails made no reference to what the mailbox sizes were, and the mails in one particular mailbox  were deleted shortly after that.

Did you take any action at the time - presumably not, as the e-mails were not recovered.
I must admit to not understanding why anyone leaves sufficient e-mails on the server to hit the limit. For historical (limited data traffic) reasons, I download messages, whether POP or IMAP accessed, and store the important ones locally. However, I don't need to have them available "at all times" nor "from any device" - though it would still be possible if the need arose.
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.