Did you mean: 

Plusnet Webmail nearly non existant today

kenm
Grafter

Plusnet Webmail nearly non existant today

Everything really slow to load up today 

when i do get in all of my folders on left are missing

emails i have sent are not in my sent folder which also appears occasionally

keep signing in and out trying to get webmail to fully load up just sits there buffering.

kenm

14 REPLIES 14
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Plusnet Webmail nearly non existant today

Hi @kenm

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with webmail.

If you've carried out the steps explained Here and tried using basic webmail Here I'm afraid there's not a lot we can do as we're aware of a variety of performance problems with webmail we're working on getting to the bottom of. 

What else you can try though if you haven't already is setting your emails up a mail client.

There's some good guides that explain how to do that Here if you're unsure how.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kenm
Grafter

Checked the list options that is on  NONE

This has gone today it was fine yesterday evening tues 20th july

all personal folders on left are missing exactly the same on squirel mail as well 

alli have there is inbox, drafts, sent, junk, deleted items.

BUT if i go into SETTINGS on webmail and click Folders at top of page all my personal folders are showing

Kenm

kenm
Grafter

Just been to Squirell mail 

No personal folders on left column

again click FOLDERS at top down the bottom of page in the Unsb/subscibe section is a box with all my folders in it.

Kenm

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @kenm 

I'm sorry to see your folders are missing. Unfortunately that's one of the oddities we're having with webmail brought about by the variety of performance related problems we're working on resolving. 

If you set up your emails on a mail client as IMAP, do you see your folders that way?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kenm
Grafter

SORRY i dont have a clue about mail clients etc 

I only use PLUSNET WEBMAIL which i have done for years

Yesterday i put some very important emails into one of my folders NOW today i cannot access them

Been with PN donkeys years and still hearing the same reasons now as 10years ago

Every thing started working very slowly all of a sudden and my personal folders have dissapeared

someones been fiddling with something

Kenm

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Ken,

I can assure you we've not been fiddling with your service. I appreciate we've had problems with webmail in the past and we do again now. All I can suggest is to use a mail client for the times that webmail's not working properly for you. 

I've included some steps above with how to do this, feel free to let me know if you get stuck anywhere in the process of it.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kenm
Grafter

As i said earlier i dont have a clue about email clients etc or setting up looked at the link and its gobbledegook to me,

i would have to get someone in to set up something like that, which will incurr costs when i am already paying

plusnet for a service i cannot access.

At the same time as email going slow and losing all my folders i keep getting a windows virus threat alert saying that my 

Mcafee subscription is about to expire, I have had this problem also years ago having to re download  Mcafee every week

but then it was supposed to have been sorted (but only brushed under the carpet)

Over the years i have had all these problems before so never have been properly addressed or corrected

Sad point i have just signed up for 2years in mid June as all was working ok then then got ripped off with price increase i NAIVELY thought my new price would include the rise forJune

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @kenm

I'll be happy to call you back to do what's known as 'remote support' to setup your emails via a mail client on your computer if it's easier? This would basically entail me logging into your computer remotely while on the phone with you.

If you'd be happy to go ahead, feel free to drop me a private message Here with a contact number I can reach you on and when you'd be free for a call. I'll be here until 8pm tonight and next week 8am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.

With regards to your McAfee subscription advising it's about to expire, assuming you're using Plusnet Protect's McAfee, I've checked this and I can't see any issues. I would note though that Plusnet Protect works on a 30 day basis that renews automatically every 30 days, so receiving a notification it's about to expire is normal.

Can you confirm though if McAfee does actually expire and stop working?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kenm
Grafter

Thanks for reply, the Mcafee stuff also started at same time as slow loading of webmail and loss of personal folders

Logged in today took ages, at first only inbox showing in left column, logged out and in again now got the basic 

default folders and emails,  tried deleting some emails kept getting large red box at top saying " Server Error  Courier imap  shut down by *** ) missed last word   I have also received some emails overnight from a company I Unsubscribed from  ages ago and never had an email from them since, then I suddenly get TWO? something seems to be going backwards and I feel I have been here before???

Will pm you about remote

Kenm

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @kenm

McAfee's notifications saying it's due to expire would likely be coincidence and not part of the issues with webmail.

I'll keep an eye out for your private message. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Gandalf wrote:

I'll be happy to call you back to do what's known as 'remote support' to setup your emails via a mail client on your computer if it's easier? This would basically entail me logging into your computer remotely while on the phone with you.

To set expectations for anybody looking, it turns out that we discontinued our ‘remote support’ a while ago. Sad Tried to figure out why my Go To Assist (GTA) login wasn’t working, then found out the reason. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Gandalf 

You could try the Win10 in-built Quick Assist functionality ... however IIRC the office does not use WIn10?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

FAILSAFE01
Rising Star

I've sent a few CEO complaints about this rubbish Plusnet Webmail service and here is the final reply from the Customer Advocates team (who deal with high level complaints).

"

I can confirm that the issue is not over 3 years. You might have a different issue before but this known issue now is not over 3 years.

I understand that I cannot provide you a specific timeframe of when the issue will be fix and you want us to move all your folders and emails to an email service that has a proper infrastructure. Please be informed that we can only deal with our own server therefore we cannot transfer your email to a different email platform.  To avoid inconvenience due to the issue that we have, I would suggest to use a different email client that you prefer like gmail, outlook, etc.

Please be informed that the email that we provide free and it is not part of the contract that you have agreed with, which is why it is simple and basic email platform. It is not the same with other email Platform that has more capabilities. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reply or call me on 0800 587 2677 anytime between 9:30am-5:00pm. I am here Monday-Friday."

Plusnet do not wish to support their webmail service anymore and suggest customers move off it.

FAILSAFE01
Rising Star

Here is another email I received from the Customer Advocates team so there really isn't any point raising issues with the Customer Service teams anymore 

------------------------------------------

I am sorry to hear about the issues with your Plusnet email. We do have a known issue wherein you will see issues like:

* Pages not loading 

* Mail Disappearing 

* Errors within webmail such as IMAP errors, Failed to Fetch command, Server error, IMAP terminated

* The inability to see folders

* Sent mail not arriving

We do not have a specific timeframe of when the issue will be fix but to try and alleviate this problem, please try the following:

https://webmail.plus.net

On the inbox list screen, select LIST OPTIONS which is the little grid icon on the left of the column title bar

Set sorting column to NONE

Click save

-----------------------------------