cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Webmail Error Message

Parsling
Dabbler

Plusnet Webmail Error Message

For the last few days I keep getting error messages "clock skew detected check clock on file server" and "couldn't load message from the server" then I have to reload them again, has anyone any idea why this is suddenly happening please?

16 REPLIES 16
kokobob

Re: Plusnet Webmail Error Message

I don't know why it's happening but I am suffering exactly the same problem and it's really getting on my nerves

Parsling
Dabbler

Yes, it's getting to be a real nuisance, it took me 3 goes to get into webmail this morning, think I'll have to contact support as no-one seems to be able to help on here. 

Steve76
Dabbler

I'm getting these messages also. Has only been happening for the last week but is frustrating as hell as it seems I have to try 5 or more times just to get an email to display and checking 10 or so new emails takes considerably longer than it should. Then it takes just as long to clean up when I having to try multiple times for it to actually delete the emails.

I have found that sometimes logging out of webmail and then logging back in helps. Maybe the requests are routed to a different server by a load balancer.

Parsling
Dabbler

I have to keep logging in/out to get it to load most of the time now, it seems to be getting worse by the day.

kokobob

The slow loading has been an issue for some time now, the error message is relatively new. 

The loading issue can be improved by applying no sort preference.

Click on the little envelope in the top left hand corner next to subject and in the sort column click none then apply, hopefully that should help.

As for the error message I think some help may be required.

Parsling
Dabbler

Unfortunately not, I'd already done the sort option a few months ago and it did load quicker but I don't think it's got anything to do with these error messages that suddenly started a few days ago.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Clock Skew is one thing which impacted a number of users and slow page loading on webmail is a different issue.

Slow webmail

There is a known gremlin in the third party Round Cube webmail program which can cause delays in listing emails - see the end user mitigation post at the top of the Email board here. It somewhat appears that any sorting or filtering on a large mailbox cripples the performance of RC webmail, where as the 'basic' webmail program (Squirrel Mail) is not affected. Using Squirrel Mail can be an effective way of accessing a mail box which is running slow with RC.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Parsling
Dabbler

Can you tell me how I access squirrel mail as I'd like to see if it cures the problem.

kokobob

when you open your webmail page there is a button in the centre which says basic webmail. Click and that's it.

kokobob

My error messages seem to have stopped, the loading is still slow though( not squirrel)

Parsling
Dabbler

Funny you should say that, so far today I've had no error message and it's been very fast loading so fingers crossed it'll last.

Noiseboy
Dabbler

I get so many error messages, including the Skew one and also Server Error (Internal Server Error), Connection Error (Failed to reach the server)!, to be honest this has been going on for so long. So frustrating

Parsling
Dabbler

It's seemed to have cleared now, I've had no more problems for over a week now and it's loading faster.  Don't know what the cause of it was or why it suddenly stopped, I just hope it doesn't re-occur.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@Noiseboy 

What error messages?

Slow webmail

There is a known gremlin in the third party Round Cube webmail program which can cause delays in listing emails - see the end user mitigation post at the top of the Email board here. It somewhat appears that any sorting or filtering on a large mailbox cripples the performance of RC webmail, where as the 'basic' webmail program (Squirrel Mail) is not affected. Using Squirrel Mail can be an effective way of accessing a mail box which is running slow with RC.

@Parsling the specific error message which you reported has been addressed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.