cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Email with Blackberry

BlueyVIII

Plusnet Email with Blackberry

Hello,
I have a new blackberry torch which I'd like to setup for push email with my Torch.
I've setup an a push email account with Vodafone and I'd like my existing PlusNet email account to forward to this account so it gets "pushed" to my Blackberry.
I have a plusnet mailbox setup as "firstname.surname@mydomain.plus.com" and I want this to automatically forward to "firstname.surname@mobilemail.vodafone.net". Is this possible?
I noticed on the PlusNet settings page that there is a function to "redirect" but you don't appear to be able to do this on an existing mailbox? It looks like I need to remove the mailbox first and then setup a redirect, however, this would then mean I won't be able to get my plusnet email using the email client on my laptop..
Any help gratefully received....
4 REPLIES 4
Santiago
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Email with Blackberry

You don't need to set up a redirect. In your laptop client set the account to leave a copy of the message on the server and then set up your plusnet account on your phone. You will get email to both devices.
BlueyVIII

I considered doing that but I was under the impression that PlusNet won't push the email to my blackberry. If I setup my BB to directly access my plusnet email I'll need to configure the BB to check for emails at regular intervals. This will then take up my free data usage...... Sad
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29
zubel
Community Veteran

You can configure the Blackberry servers to poll the Plusnet email account and push it to the blackberry.
B.