cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Email Woes

sultana
Hooked

Plusnet Email Woes

I’m using the built in Apple mail and ios12.

All of a sudden my email wouldn’t send and after a bit of faffing about I deleted the Plusnet account. It was only with the help of tech support that I was able to reinstall the correct settings. I updated my question in the support section on Tuesday yet no response, so out of frustration I find myself here asking for help. “We’ll make you proud” Lol

Since reinstalling I can receive an email from my own plusnet addy and from my gmail addy, but not from Yahoo. I’m not receiving emails from any other contact using my plusnet addy, nor in Webmail. 

I can compose and receive an email to my Yahoo account but not gmail,not only mine.

Im not only confused, but totally frustrated with this issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Plusnet Email Woes

How many devices (desktop and laptop PCs, Macs, tablets, phones) do you have set up to display mail sent to your Plusnet inbox? Are any of these set up to use POP3 collection - or are they all using IMAP? (Webmail uses IMAP.)

If any device uses POP3 that could be downloading messages and removing them from the server which will make them unavailable on any other device.

Until messages are always visible in webmail, trying to display them using Apple mail (hopefully using IMAP) is never going to work.

David
sultana
Hooked

Only my iPad is set up for Plusnet email. And it’s imap not pop3

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Thanks for confirming that. Since Apple mail can view only the same content as webmail,resolving the problems with webmail needs to be the first step.

How many mail mailboxes have you set up? You can check this by logging into the new Member Centre, selecting Manage Account then Manage my email under the Email settings heading.

If you have more than one mailbox is it possible you are checking the content of one mailbox but your contacts are writing to a different one? Or perhaps writing to a mailbox that doesn't exist and Catch all is turned off (as is recommended)? Does either of these situations apply when you sent messages from Yahoo?

Messages you send from a mailbox@accountname.plus.com style address to any free gmail address will be delayed because Google greylist them. This is covered in the long topic. Mail delivery to recipients taking 5hrs plus.

David