Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet spam

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

PlusNet spam

I have just received an email from PlusNet, asking me if my phone bill is too big....
SPAM>..
So I had to "click here" , log in, and opt out of getting "promotional" emails from PN....
I do hope that by doing so, I am not excluded from the updates to services that I normally receive....
If I want to use PlusNet for my phone service..... which I do not.... then I will decide ,when, and not be "pressured" into doing it, because PN decides to send me spam....
By spamming me, PN , ( and any other company, trying to con vince me their service is best)  just lose credibility with me..... INSTANTLY....
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: PlusNet spam

Quote from: shutter
I do hope that by doing so, I am not excluded from the updates to services that I normally receive....

Yes you are
shutter
Community Veteran

So, If I want to receive the updates, then I must also get SPAM from Plusnet as well....  Angry
Surely there must be a way to opt out of SPAM promotional messages yet still get the updates on services.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Nope  Crazy
The factor which should apply is that you still get updates of your current products but not other products which you don't have or want such as that useless McAfee product
shutter
Community Veteran

Ah well, I suppose I shall just have to put up with the "junk mail" that PlusNet marketing director wants to send me....
I do like to get the service updates, but not marketing junk.... It offends me, quite a lot, to have to have this rubbish forced on me.
( I have {almost} trained my local Posties to dump the junk mail directly into the black wheely bin instead of through my letter box)