cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet e-Mail Not Working — It Never Has.

FIXED
ThePillenwerfer
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

PlusNet e-Mail Not Working — It Never Has.

I've been a PlusNet subscriber for a few weeks now and the only thing that isn't working is e-mail.  Let me make clear that this is in no way a Big Deal as I've no intention of changing my current arrangements.

I tried to add the PlusNet details to Windows Mail but it failed to connect; I don't trust that far anyway but ThunderBird did the same.  I then discovered that I couldn't use it via the web either — when I click Login it says "Login failed."  I have tried  entering both fredblogs (not my actual User Name) and fredblogs@plus.net into the Username field but the result is the same, as it is if I try the 'Basic webmail.'  The screenshot below was taken using my true user name but I edited that before posting it here.  The password must be right as it's the same as needed to connect to PlusNet DSL or log into the web-site.

Screenshot.png

Do I have to ask for e-mail to be switched on before it can be used?

3 REPLIES 3
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: PlusNet e-Mail Not Working — It Never Has.

Fix

Hi @ThePillenwerfer,

After checking your account, I have activated the mail service. Could you try logging into webmail again in 4 hours time. The default email address is username@username.plus.com and you can create additional mailboxes here. The default mailbox username and password is the same as the one for the member centre.

Once you are able to log into webmail, you can then set up the mailbox in your preferred email client. You can find all the settings required here.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
ThePillenwerfer
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Never mind four hours; it's working now.  Thanks very much.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @ThePillenwerfer,

I'm glad to hear that your emails started working again as soon as @Jubby made the changes on your account. Sorry for any inconvenience that you experienced whilst the issue was ongoing.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you experience any further problems with your emails or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team