cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please can I request my emails are unarchived?

loddoll
Hooked

Please can I request my emails are unarchived?

My folders and emails received over 12 months ago have been archived.  Please can they be restored?

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Please can I request my emails are unarchived?

Hi @loddoll,

Thank you for getting in touch, we should be able to arrange this for you. Please can you send me your email address over on a private message and then comment again on this thread once you've done that so that we can make sure this is picked back up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
loddoll
Hooked

Hi EmilyD

I'm glad you are able to help with unarchiving my archived emails and folders.

I have sent you my email address via private message and look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @loddoll

Thanks for coming back to us and for sending the PM.

I've now raised this request for you here.

Best wishes

Dave

loddoll
Hooked

Great!  Many thanks Dave.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

“Emails received over 12 months ago have been archived”.

Would it be correct to infer that more recent folders and emails are still present?

If PlusNet archives a mailbox (either due to exceeding the FUP for several weeks or not accessing the mailbox for 6 months) the whole of the mailbox is archived. If only email more that 12 months old has been removed from your mailbox then I would suspect that the email client you use has been doing some mailbox tidying, selectively removing older emails from the server to an archive folder, which could possibly be on the IMAP server or local client machine.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

loddoll
Hooked

Yes, that is correct.

Thanks

loddoll
Hooked

As it is only emails older than 12 months that have disappeared, would you be able to help me to retrieve them?

Thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I believe that we only archive emails for a maximum of 90 days before deleting them permanently as far as I'm aware. 

If you've not logged into your mailbox for an extended period of time and we've archived that which is preventing you from logging in, we'll be able to restore that for you but the actual emails may not be there anymore.

Having said that I've read what you've said again and I realise you were pretty clear in saying that only emails from 12 months ago have disappeared. Is this just from webmail.plus.net? Do you have a mail client set up on a device using what's known as 'POP3' or the incoming mail server 'mail.plus.net'? Because I agree with Townman that it sounds like a device has downloaded emails to itself deleting them from the server/webmail automatically.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
loddoll
Hooked

Hi Gandalf

Thank you for your reply.  Yes it is just from webmail.plus.net.  I only access my plusnet email logging in directly from my laptop and not on any other devices.  I hadn't logged in to my email for an extended period of time, and when I did I was shocked to discover that all my email history of over 12 months old and the folders I'd created and filed emails into had all disappeared.  I haven't had any trouble logging in however.

I saw on the community.plus.net that others have experienced a similar issue, so hoped that there was a way of recovering the lost emails.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @loddoll I've looked into this and I can see on the 7th January 2019 we archived your mail as you've reached the mailbox limit and unfortunately as we only keep emails for a maximum of 90 days before deleting them permanently, when we un-archived your mail on the 22nd January 2020, this likely didn't do anything because they weren't in storage anymore. 

Sorry for the inconvenience but I'm afraid there isn't anything we can do to get them back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet