cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help Me Get My Email Back

duelle

Please Help Me Get My Email Back

Last Tuesday (7th January), I called Plusnet to inform them that I was moving home on Friday (10th January) and will need to close my plusnet broadband account but would like to keep (and was happy to pay for) the plusnet email that I have been using for a decade. I was told that it would be best if I called to explain all of this on the Friday to ensure all went through ok.

Before I had a chance to call Plusnet on the Friday I was shocked to get a call from my brother saying that he had an email to me bounced back as undeliverable.

On calling Plusnet I was told that my account had been closed automatically in the morning (presumably when BT shut off the phone line). In the phone call of well over an hour I spoke to 5 people in customers services / tech team etc all of whom said it would be possible to get my email back (and it is now actually free of charge) but would pass me on to the next person to actually process this.

The last person I spoke to was very helpful and said he had raised a ticket for this to be actioned but it may take 3 working days although implied it may well be quicker.

Unfortnately it is now fast approaching close of play on the third day and there is no sign of my email being active again.

Can anyone out there help me with this?

It's really disappointing that after being happy with Plusnet for well over 10 years I seem to be leaving on a really sour note. 

3 REPLIES 3
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Please Help Me Get My Email Back

Hey @duelle,

I'm really sorry to read about your experience with the closure of your account/email and the route you've had to go down to get this resolved. 

I've checked over the account and provided a more detailed response over a support ticket for you here.

Thanks.

duelle

Hi Mads

Thanks for looking in to this for me. I'll keep fingers crossed!

Richard

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @duelle,

I've updated your ongoing tickets with further info.

Thanks.