cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POP Servers Slow or not logging In

coastee01
Hooked

POP Servers Slow or not logging In

Has anyone else noticed how slow POP servers are running, unable to obtain my e mail of late at times or even send emails suspect servers are overloaded have asked Plusnet all they asked me to change to IMIP this is not the point,seems Plusnet are going down the same route as did Talktalk not keeping there servers up to demand.

6 REPLIES 6
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: POP Servers Slow or not logging In

Their mail service has been flakey for a while. Seen reports of people not being able to send mail and also problems receiving. I was using their IMAP for incoming but that also was unreachable for me a lot of the time (especially peak) Their chat support told me that their email service wasn't considered part of the package they provide so a fault couldn't be raised and not a lot could be done about it really other than for them to acknowledge there are problems with it. I moved my mail over to Gmail when I heard that and it's been working like a charm since.

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Hopefully one of the members of staff who monitor the forums we be along to refute that.  With retraining for the front line mong who is so off messageKnuppel

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@PeterLoftus wrote:

Hopefully one of the members of staff who monitor the forums we be along to refute that.  With retraining for the front line mong who is so off messageKnuppel

I hope they do. I was certainly p'd off when I heard that.

coastee01
Hooked

I am not happy with this at all I left Talktalk for just the same reason email is important to all users of Plusnet and to say that its not part of the service is disbolical of Plusnet. Plusnet must answer this

coastee01
Hooked

Thank you for that replies now I know I am not the only one with this fault

coastee01
Hooked

@coastee01 wrote:

Has anyone else noticed how slow POP servers are running, unable to obtain my e mail of late at times or even send emails suspect servers are overloaded have asked Plusnet all they asked me to change to IMIP this is not the point,seems Plusnet are going down the same route as did Talktalk not keeping there servers up to demand.

I have noticed an improvement in the connection since I posted this perhaps a staff member has taken some notice of this and maybe done something about it