cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over 120 hour since support request: can't send email. Just one absurd response.

Philbert
Grafter

Over 120 hour since support request: can't send email. Just one absurd response.

Posted full details about sudden loss of being able to send e-mail from two PCs at home.
Got one response after 30 hours asking me "can you please provide me with the full headers for the failed email?".
That's to provide the headers of an email I couldn't send, so couldn't receive.Crazy
Asked how I'm supposed to do that.
Almost 40 hours later, no response.
The phone-line support is a joke: waiting time of 30 minutes?
It's been a while since I last requested support: it was far better than this.  Something has really gone downhill with Plusnet.
jim:green title changed to 9 days then back again because the multiple threads confused me mod:end
6 REPLIES 6
Philbert
Grafter

Can't send e-mails from home PCs. 90 hours no good response to support request.

Sudden simultaneous failure to send e-mails from two home PCs, each using Pegasus email client, via two individual Plusnet identities. Have been using same set-up for years. No changes to email program setup, or Plusnet email settings via on-line control panel.  Also tried using Outlook Express without success.
Test e-mails: body text is "Test", no attachments.
Pegasus
Error message:
  • Connection established to 212.159.8.107
    >> 0035 220 avasout08 smtp relay.plus.net
    << 0020 EHLO [192.168.0.2]
    >> 0058 250-avasout08 hello [my.ip.##.###], pleased to meet you
    >> 0010 250-HELP
    >> 0022 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
    >> 0020 250-SIZE 104857600
    >> 0016 250-PIPELINING
    >> 0014 250-8BITMIME
    >> 0008 250 OK
    << 0039 MAIL FROM:<myemail@address.co.uk> SIZE=465
    >> 0034 250 <myemail@address.co.uk> sender ok
    << 0032 RCPT TO:<identity@yahoo.co.uk>
    >> 0041 250 <identity@yahoo.co.uk> recipient ok
    << 0006 DATA
    >> 0050 354 enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
    >> 0161 552 TPAt1n0064PTKv001PAuhE message rejected due to spam or virus. If you believe this is in error please login to your portal or contact your ISP support team.

Outlook Express
    Error message:
    "The message could not be sent because its size exceeded the server's limit. You can use the option, located in Tools | Accounts | Properties | Advanced, to break messages into smaller parts. Subject '140217 1108 OExp HP', Account: 'MyIdentity', Server: 'relay.plus.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '552 TP8f1n0094PTKv001P8gPP message rejected due to spam or virus. If you believe this is in error please login to your portal or contact your ISP support team.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 552, Error Number: 0x800CCC6D"
    Webmail
    Can send using webmail, but adding an alternative 'reply-to' address other than the Plusnet identity stops this. Error message:
    "SMTP Error: [552] Rsw41n0044CLSd801sw5VJ message rejected due to spam or virus. If you believe this is in error please login to your portal or contact your ISP support team."
    Have raised a support request. After about 30 hours was asked  "can you please provide me with the full headers for the failed email?" That is, to provide the headers, generated during transmission, of an email that couldn't be sent, and so couldn't be received...
    Angry
    Asked how I'm supposed to to do this. Almost 40 hours later, still no response.
    Not good.
    Not being able to send e-mails is no small matter.
  • LinnPlusnet
    Plusnet Alumni (retired)
    Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Over 90 hours since support request: can't send email. Just one absurd response.

Hi Philbert,
    Sorry to hear about the issues you're encountering. My colleague is replying to the ticket on your account with further information. Please monitor ticket 81267853 for a response.
    Oldjim
    Resting Legend
    Fixes: 63

Re: Over 90 hours since support request: can't send email. Just one absurd response.

Two topics merged to assist staff
    Philbert
    Grafter

Ok, as you promised, got some decent help soon after posting this, and appear to be getting somewhere with determining source of glitch.
    Roll_eyes
    Which is appreciated.
    Philbert
    Grafter

Spoke too soon. So thought I should add an update here.
    Original problem turned out to be my mail being blocked if it mentioned anywhere within it (header or body) a domain name of mine which I've been using as my default reply-to address for almost 20 years.
    After intervention from Plusnet tech, I now can't send any email to any address, irrespective of content ("550 <name@anydomain.co.uk> recipient rejected - relay denied").
    Updated my ticket, over 24 hours later, no reply.
    It's now been 9 days being unable to send emails.
    Oldjim
    Resting Legend
    Fixes: 63

Re: Over 120 hour since support request: can't send email. Just one absurd response.

This is getting confusing
    Locked in favour of your other thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,123957