cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook stopped sending Plus + Freenetname emails after the Madasafish takeover

Quantummike

Outlook stopped sending Plus + Freenetname emails after the Madasafish takeover

Perhaps you could help me. I have both a Plusnet broadband (mikelawrence) account and a Madasafish email-only account (actually the latter is Freenetname).
Until 2nd December both were working fine sending via my MS Outlook. I can still access both via the websites and send/receive fine.
My issue is that I can no longer send or receive using Outlook – and that is the way I download my emails from the Plus and Mad sites – if I do not do so soon, my allowance will fill and all my new emails will bounce.
I spoke on 8th December to your helpful people on the telephone line, but after testing, all they can suggest is reinstalling my Outlook! I take this as a bit of an insult, because I have a third email account on Outlook which still sends and receives perfectly, and until they asked me to try some changes my Plus and Mad account details had not changed for years, so it is not an Outlook issue.
I have also tried adding new accounts with the ‘correct’ details, and neither works.
Coincidentally, soon after my 2nd December successful emails, the announcement was made that Plus would be taking over Mad, but that all Mad email-only accounts would not be affected. I suspect that somewhere along the line your techies have changed the settings and some people cannot access their accounts - like me – as I can see from some of the posts. (I am currently not using the Plus broadband for sending/receiving via Outlook).
Please could you have a look into what has been changed that could have caused this?
Cheers 
Mike
2 REPLIES 2
Quantummike

Re: Outlook stopped sending Plus + Freenetname emails after the Madasafish takeover

Apologies for the bad timing, but 5 minutes after I posted this a second computer arrived with an unused 2007 Outlook where I set it up using my Plus account details – also doesn’t work.
So is definitely not an Outlook issue.
Error says your SMTP server is taking too long to respond and Outlook times out.
Cheers
Mike
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Outlook stopped sending Plus + Freenetname emails after the Madasafish takeover

Quote from: Quantummike
I am currently not using the Plus broadband for sending/receiving via Outlook.

I suspect that could well be the source of the problem.
[quote author="Plusnet Support"[Customer can send fine in webmail but cannot from Moscow.
It's quite possible that our relay/collection servers are rejecting connection attempts due to your geographical location and the fact that the IP you're assigned is 'suspect'. Is your provider assigning you a static IP address? If not, then the only solution might be to use Webmail Undecided

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵