Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook on Android

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Outlook on Android

Just wondered if anyone's got this working with Plusnet externally using IMAP/SMTP? I think the problem is you can't disable SSL in the app & Plus net don't support it so it fails.

5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Outlook on Android

Last I checked, it wasn't possible, following an update last year at some point.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Eserim
Rising Star

Mmm, not really an answer is it Bob? Smiley  The or rather it is a very specific answer.  The real question that remains unanswered, the elephant on the forum, is why Plus Net still have a massive security risk and don;t have SSL for email - see https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/SSL-on-IMAP-POP3-SMTP/td-p/1165569/page/11 (and several other threads)

southerner
Aspiring Pro

This seems to work now with the latest version of the app. Now rather than just refuse you outright it just warns you initially that secure connection is not available & asks if you want to proceed.

Eserim
Rising Star

Alas, didn't work for me - are you sure it was IMAP that worked (albeit with a warning)?

But, still , not the answer, the answer is for Plus Net to move into modern times and get this sorted.

EDIT:  Odd, I tried again, and this time it worked - not only that, but it picked up the Plus Net server names & ports automatically.  Strange.

southerner
Aspiring Pro

Yes, did a manual IMAP setup & just got warnings rather than refusals.