Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook live mail has stopped receiving plusnet emails

FIXED
sd
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Outlook live mail has stopped receiving plusnet emails

I use  my outlook email account to receive blind copy emails in order to check that the emails which I send from my plusnet email account have been dispatched. Anyhow all has worked well until a few days ago when i noticed my outlook account has stopped receiving plusnet emails . I usually use Mozilla thunderbird to manage my plusnet email account. I have tested my outlook email account and it receives emails which have been sent using plusnet webmail but not when sent from my plusnet account using Mozilla or the windows 10 mail app.Not sure what has changed as it was working fine right up until last thursday.   Any ideas how to fix it ?  Thanks...

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Outlook live mail has stopped receiving plusnet emails

Hi there, I take it those messages aren't bouncing back and you don't see any error messages flagged up in Thunderbird/Windows Live? Also are the messages leaving the outbox or staying there?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sd
Hooked

Hi...No error messages and the email posts into the sent box in Mozilla. If I send the email to  multiple recipients they all appear to receive the email except for my outlook account 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @sd,

Thank you for confirming this. Please can you run through the setup guide here to re-add the account to Outlook and let us know if the issue persists? This guide is for Outlook 2010 so the steps may be slightly different if you're using a different version of Outlook.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
sd
Hooked

Fix

Hi ....Your suggested solution does not work.

Anyhow just discovered the thunderbird generated emails were somehow going to my outlook junkmail whereas the plusnet webmail ones went into my outlook inbox. I tried putting my email address on the safe senders list but this did not make any difference. When I booted up my computer this morning I noticed a windows update has installed and everything seems to work now so I suspect the outlook software may have been updated to fix a software bug

Thanks ....

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @sd,

That's great news, we are happy to hear it is all working again.

Please get back in touch if you need any further assistance.

Sammy

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team