cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Nightmare After Changing Plusnet Email Passwords

FIXED
lee55555

Outlook Nightmare After Changing Plusnet Email Passwords

I have several mail boxes on one main account but after changing my main Plusnet Login password plus two of the main mailbox passwords I have had an absolute nightmare.

Webmail seems to be working fine (sending and receiving) but stuttered inititially, but I think this was due to there being a transitional period when changing passwords etc.

However Outlook via Office 365 will not accept any settings i put through it for a pop3 email account. I did get it working at one point with an iMAP account and thought that maybe I had cracked it but after deleting the iMAP account and retrying it, it now just gets stuck with a dialogue box saying 'We're getting Things Ready', but never does.

Please help Plusnet, why is Outlook doing this?

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29
lee55555

Re: Outlook Nightmare After Changing Plusnet Email Passwords

Many thanks, I have tried the manual option but it still wont work, I have tried all the port settings for both pop3 and imap and also the port settings suggested by Microsoft for the office 365 setup.

I'm now having to try a different email client and convert PST to EML which I would rather not do. I have all emails working fine now on theiphone so why on earth do Microsoft and/or Plusnet make it so difficult.

My email account is a legacy account originally setup around 18-20 years ago and I have had issues in the past where a background checkbox for a free email account was incorrect and after spending many hours being passed around the service centre personal I finally landed on one chap who new his onions and immediately said that he knew what the problem was and it turned out to be a simple tick box in the background on the Plusnet side. I dont know if something similar is happening again but this is a joke having issues every few years.

lee55555

I have just copied settings from another mail box and entered manually through control panel-mail........ and its has worked, many thanks. Why cant Microsoft sort their [-Censored-] out, absolute nightmare setting things up through 365.

Thanks again.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Outlook might well be insisting on using a secure SSL/TLS connection and hanging if not configured that way
For POP3 (secure) the incoming server is
mail.plus.net with port 995
SSL/TLS option selected
Normal password.
Have you tried this?
For IMAP (secure) the incoming server is
imap.plus.net with port 993
SSL/TLS option selected
Normal password.
David
lee55555

Yes I have tried this as this is what Microsoft recomend for 365 but it still did not work. I have only just got it working using the recomendation of entering manually. I entered it manually through 365 but it failed but entered manually using control panel - mail - accounts ....... route it worked, aaaaaaarrrrgh, how many hours wasted yet again setting up emails.

thankyou for the reccomendation.