Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook IMAP on Android

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Outlook IMAP on Android

I'm trying to set up my plusnet email on the outlook android application. I put in the IMAP server details my plusnet username+mailbox and password. Unfortunately I can't seem to make a connectíon and am reluctantly using the gmail app. There doesn't seem to be a way of specifying ports or security settings.

Any advice?
6 REPLIES 6
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Outlook IMAP on Android

Not possible I'm afraid until we begin supporting SSL/TLS. The Android Outlook app was recently updated to only accept secured connections.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thanks
richardvaughan
Dabbler

Hi bob
I understand is there any prospect of being able to use outlook on the iPad with an imap account in the near future?
Thanks
Richard Vaughan
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I've no experience of the iOS Outlook app Richard, but if it's the same as Android then it will only be possible when we get round to enabling SSL/TLS. I'd loveto give you a date for this but if you search the forums, you'll find it's a bit of a sour subject because we've been promising it for what seems like an eternity now Undecided

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

richardvaughan
Dabbler

Thank you I will keep my eyes open.  This variation seems to come with Office 365 which I installed on 1 Jan.  It seems that all modules are available for iPhone and iPad
R
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Bob,
You really do need to let the responsible team know how much embarrassment they have caused you....  Wink Cheesy Sad Crazy
Having been in the outbound trial for a year or so, I'm surprised that they have not yet got this live.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.