cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook App

peterb
Grafter

Re: Outlook App

2.2.235 arrived last night.  I don't know why everyone doesn't get the updates at the same time.

I downloaded it but the issue about username+"*" is no better.  The calendar is better with a month view.

Your post reminded me that I have access to and use domain email address.  I haven't got that set up on Outlook app so I will try that and see how I get on.

Simon
Grafter

Just checking, but you are using username+mailboxname ... no spaces, no quotes or asterisks i.e. not actually "*" ? Wink

peterb
Grafter

That's right.  I just put the asterisks and * just to show what I meant.   So what I am doing is this:

username+prefix

With the default mail box all I need to do is just username.  That works fine in all respects.  The trouble comes with mail boxes other than the default.  Conversely it's not a problem with Outlook desktop, it's just the app.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @PeterB,

As you are receiving a log in error, could you try resetting your password by clicking edit on the mailbox under manage my mail. Once complete, delete any mailbox that has failed to set up and attempt to set it up again.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
peterb
Grafter

Thanks for suggestion.  Just one point, before I attempt that - the mail box works fine on desktop Outlook.  It is only this problem with the Outlook app.  Do you think it is just an issue with the app?

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

@PeterB,

I appreciate that it works on the desktop, this step is to make sure the password is entered correctly. I have the same app version and have just tested it for you with my additional mailbox therefore, I don't believe it to be an issue with the app.

Below are the exact details I entered and the options I selected.

Email address: mailboxname@username.plus.net
Password: My additional mailbox password
Name: Test
Description: Test

Account type: IMAP

Incoming mail server: imap.plus.net:143
Username: username+mailboxname

Outgoing mail server: relay.plus.net:587
Username: username+mailboxname

I then received: 'Login Error you are trying to connect to an unsecured server' (this may not be the exact wording.)

Click 'Login'

The above is due to our mail servers not using SSL and after the above actions, I was then able to send and receive.

Hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
peterb
Grafter

Thanks for the advice etc.  Did all that.  Reset password.  No go.  Deleted email box.  Set it up again.  No go.

Can't see any errors with my input to the app.  I have app version 2.2.235 Don't know if yours is the same?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @PeterB

Sorry that didnt work. 

Are you able to try downloading the app onto a different device and setting it up afresh? 

I know this is a bit laborious but it would be a worth while check. 

Thanks 

MoR

peterb
Grafter

Thanks for messages and suggestions.  Appreciated.  Today Outlook app. became available for me  2-2-239 (288)

Downloaded and installed.  Seems to have fixed the problem.  Will come back if any further issues.  

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @PeterB ,

That's excellent news, we're thrilled you found the answers you were looking for.

Please let us know if you need any further help.