cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2019 - not now possible to bring my Plusnet Webmail emails down into it?

FIXED
SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

Outlook 2019 - not now possible to bring my Plusnet Webmail emails down into it?

My PC got in a startup twist and I needed to let it reinstall Windows 10.  That fixed things but it deletes all applications, in my case including Office 2007 where I've used Outlook for years to receive my Plusnet Webmail emails.  I've bought Office 2019 including Outlook but I can't see how to set up my Plusnet emails to come down into it.  Has anyone managed to do this, or is it not now possible? 

34 REPLIES 34
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Outlook 2019 - not now possible to bring my Plusnet Webmail emails down into it?

Set up Outlook 2019 to access the mailbox using imap.plus.net as the incoming server. There is no (direct) connection with webmail.
David
SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

Re: Outlook 2019 - not now possible to bring my Plusnet Webmail emails down into it?

I can't now amend the settings to that for some reason.  I blindly followed the suggested route when I first fired up Outlook 2019 and messed things up by the look of it.  I tried deleting that account and popups appear telling me I can't do that.  This new version of Outlook is complete nightmare! Ticked_off

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Is that Outlook 2019 installed on your PC?

I have not seen it yet … however if it is similar to Outlook 2016's attempt to simplify things by making them mire difficult, you might find the old email configuration interface in the control panel email app helpful in sorting this out.

That gives access to all of the manual settings.

This might also help you - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3189194/how-to-disable-simplified-account-creation-in-outlo...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

Many thanks Townman. 

"...old email configuration interface in the control panel email app".  Where is that please?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Click start and type CONTROL - click on Control Panel.

Google search - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13764/windows-where-is-control-panel

There in you are looking for MAIL (MS Outlook...)

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Fix

Office 2019:

What you're encountering is the new "simplified" account settings UI. (Microsoft irony at its' best!)

From within Outlook

- Press CTRL+ALT+S (this brings up the Send/Receive Settings window)

- Select the group you want to edit and click on the <Edit> button

- Select the email account you want to modify --> click on <Account Properties>

SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

That doesn't seem to offer me any places where I can input my settings, which used to be (in Outlook 2007) as follows:

Outlook Setting 26Oct17.jpg

This is all I'm trying to accomplish!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@SkylineUK_Dup I've got Outlook 2019 installed on my home laptop and if I go to File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings, you'll get a pop-up window entitled Account Settings.

Click on New... then you'll see another window pop-up asking you to input your email address. Before clicking Connect click on Advanced options then tick the box to Let me set my account up manually

Select IMAP in the next window that pops up and you'll then be able to type in all the required details before clicking Next, typing your password in then clicking on the Connect button again.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Gandalf 

Could you check / confirm that the mail application in the control panel (as described above) allows the manual modification of the settings of an existing mail account?

This works with Outlook 2016.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Townman Seems to be as there’s a “Change” button if you don’t want to click on “New”

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

Anoush to the rescue again!  Many thanks.  Thumbs_UpThumbs_Up

I have managed to get everything running.  Oddly, my webmail plusnet inbox doesn't get cleared down now once the emails have come down to my Outlook.  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Excellent.:)

If you’ve set your emails up using IMAP, Outlook and webmail will remain in sync but if you use POP3 you’ll be able to tell Outlook not to leave a copy of your messages on the server(webmail). There’s a bit more info about that Here

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

Hm.  It doesn't let me change to POP.  I get a message saying I've put in incorrect settings.  Embarrassed

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

You’ll need to remove the IMAP account you’ve created and setup a new one as POP3. If you’ve done this, what incoming server/port settings are you using?
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet