cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2007 email very slow to download

Surfer
Grafter

Outlook 2007 email very slow to download

I run Outlook 2007 on Win 7 and over the past few weeks it has been getting slower and slower.  In have Google and now done everything required to speed it up but to no avail.  I even un-installed it and re-install, but no real difference.  No issue with running any other programs.  It can take up to an hour to download 45 emails most of which are under 50kb.  I have compacted the PST file, clear deleted items, run Mailbox Cleanup & Modified settings for Trust centre leaving only indexing and iCloud boxes ticked.  Unfortunately I need Outlook so using another email client is not an option.
I now suspect that there may be an issue with the Plus net mail server, but not sure how to test.  Can any one offer any advice?  Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Outlook 2007 email very slow to download

A few questions
Do you leave a copy of the emails on the server
Have you checked using webmail to see if that is slow as well
Which Security package are you using and have you tried disabling the virus check on the incoming email
Have you tried totally disabling Trust Centre
Have you tried setting up a new email account and see if that suffers the same problem
Surfer
Grafter

I have copies but they are not associated with Outlook.  never sued Webmail as I use Outlook 2007.  I use Eset and have never experienced any issues previously. In Trust centre I have only the indexing ticked.  Same applies to other email accounts.
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend

It is possible that, if you are leaving copies on the server, the server is clogged.
I suggest logging in via webmail and see what is there
Surfer
Grafter

I am not sure how you would do that, but at the moment I am glad to try anything?  Smiley  Okay managed to log into webmail, but there is only one message in there which is current?
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend

A bit of digging threw up one possibility
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=932086
A quick note - Can you please use the Reply option not the Quote option where replying to the last post in the thread
Surfer
Grafter

Thanks.  I switched off my email AV program Eset and now seems to be back to normal as about 20 emails in less than 5 seconds.  Cheesy  Now to find out why eset is causing the problem.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

If you don't find out why I suggest posting here http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16
Surfer
Grafter

I unticked "Enable POP3 protocol checking" and seems to have resolved the problem.  Thanks.