cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2007 change plain text

FIXED
brian34

Outlook 2007 change plain text

Hello, I'm on my first post and hope someone can help me. I am using Outlook 2007 on Windows 10.

Recently, in an attempt to adjust the sizes of fonts to help my elderly eyesight, I somehow upset something and now two things happen: I get messages telling me that my email has been converted to Plain Text, and (probably related to that) messages received regarding online bookings etc include yards of blue text gobbledegook which I believe to be the site coding etc.

Clearly I have somehow clicked a wrong selection somewhere, and believe that I should revert to what I had before (Rich Text?).

Please can some kind person help me to undo this annoying problem? I have installed eMailClient to replace Outlook 2007 but while learning it I still need dear old Outlook, even though it is outdated and not supported.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Outlook 2007 change plain text

Fix

Hi Brian, 

You should be able to fix this by going into "tools", "trust center", click on the "email security" tab and you should see an option with a tick-box for "read all standard mail in plain text"

Also if you want to change the size of the text in Outlook the quickest and easiest way to do this is to hold down "Ctrl" on your keyboard and scroll the wheel on your mouse. 

I hope that helps!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
brian34

Gosh - that was fast!

Thank you, Adam...I will await, fingers crossed, the next few emails.

Brian

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks Brian! No problem, I hope that works out for you. 

All the best.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team