cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing server

Harriks9

Outgoing server

I am able to receive emails on my iPhone 7 but when I try to send them via relay.plus.net it says either user name or password are incorrect yet I am using the same ones I have on the incoming server?
7 REPLIES 7
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Outgoing server

Possibly the security settings are wrong, make sure SSL/TLS is not enabled.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Harriks9,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Are you a new Plusnet customer?  If yes, is your account active yet?  You cannot use the Plusnet relay server without and active subscription account.

There after, as @Browni advised, make sure that SSL/ TLS is not set - connection to relay.plus.net should be on port 587.

You can use your plusnet account username and password for the relay authentication or if not the mail mailbox, use accountname+mailboxname and its password.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there. I can't see anything on your account which might be affecting your ability to send mail.

In addition to the above responses, are you able to try a different device to narrow down where the issue lies?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
derbyjon
Dabbler

I've been unable to send email via relay.plus.net since Sunday evening.

The same issue is encountered on two mobile phones, both of which have used relay.plus.net successfully for several years. Neither phone has had any settings changed recently.

Harriks9

Hi

I have tried to send an email via my ipad, but am getting the same message re the server

Harriks9

I am still waiting for a call back from plusnet after contacting them on chat regarding this issue, I am still unable to send email from the relay server on my Iphone 8 and ipad

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Harriks9

Sorry you are still experiencing this issue.

Could I please ask you a few questions;

1) What Mail Client are you currently using?

2) If you log into you webmail account, are you able to send & receive mail as normal?

3) Have you updated your Apple devices recently?

4) Have you ensured that you have disabled SSL on your devices? 

Please get back to us with these bits of information and we can progress from there.

Thanks

Alisdair