Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing plusnet server "relay.plus.net"has blocked me as a spam suspect

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Outgoing plusnet server "relay.plus.net"has blocked me as a spam suspect

I've checked what you've sent across and it's coming up clean. Any way you can perhaps save the email to a file and upload it somewhere where I can grab it?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ANTAR
Dabbler

So just for the record. Despite Bob Pullen trying hard on my behalf - no spam triggers were found in my offending mail, nor were the few addressees or return email triggering the spam/virus block by the mail server.  So the problem is unresolved.  My work-around is to send a document to my clients as a pdf with the info I have otherwise been putting on email (for months without previous problems) - so that's what I'll have to do in future.  The reason my mail was blocked is a mystery so far.  Thanks to all who offerred help and advice.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Did nothing come out of what you sent in response to Bob's request in post #16?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JW
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 24

@ANTAR 

I've added a ticket to your account, as a little more information is needed to fully look at this for you. If you could respond to it here: https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=189213365 with the information requested it can be further reviewed.

Jon W
 Plusnet
ANTAR
Dabbler

Townman - I sent Bob the actual message file and another version - as I say - it came up clean in all his tests.  PN have now opened a ticket on it which is welcome.  I'm intriqued by what may have kicked off the Alert.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @ANTAR, thanks for you post.

I think you'll be pleased with the results in the ticket, although we are requesting a couple of bits of information before we can proceed. For reference, it's accessible here.

Please let us know via this thread when you reply to the ticket and we'll be able to progress the issue more quickly for you.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@OskarPapa 

Can the generics of this case please be shared with forum members and not hidden in private tickets so that other users might learn what has gone wrong and spot such issues for themselves.

@JonoH@NickyM 

Is there any progress on reviewing this practice please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @Townman, thanks for your post.

You'll have to bear with me as it's slightly above my email/domain support skill as yet but I've included the non specific/already public domain information from the ticket below:

The fingerprint CoJKhZbXRORPKCoJMh6P6w that was posted on the forums was matching a spam fingerprint within the Cloudmark network.

It matches a suspect string in messages that have been hitting honey pots. This is still considered very suspect by the network, so in order to look at this further, we've asked for copy of the mail in RFC822 format.

We then included instructions on how to do this in common clients, accessible below:

https://www.cloudmark.com/en/knowledgebase/cloudmark-authority-sdk/how-to-report-an-accuracy-issue

I hope this helps.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Thank you great response, which others can follow without you needing to go through the advise stage.

@JonoH - can this be added to the guide being discussed as is felt appropriate please?

NickyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 2

@JonoH@NickyM 

Is there any progress on reviewing this practice please?

@Townman i have sent you detailed reply on earlier thread you raised this on including @AndyK1 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 NickyM
 Plusnet Help Team