cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing mail issues?

ftoomsh

Outgoing mail issues?

I'm having issues sending email, in fact I can't. The upshot is I have of recent got 2 Plusnet accounts. My original account has a domain name associated with it and I can happily get my email from this. The trouble is when I try and send email I eventually get timed out.
I've tried setting up the outgoing server with both usernames/accounts;
eg username+me and mynewusername
Each time I get the same problem. When detecting the original settings for some reason the relay.plus.net had a port of 465, changing this to 25 makes no difference either.
So are there issues with relay.plus.net, although none are shown on the status page? I can't see it being anything else at the moment, as Plusnet do not require you to login to relay.plus.net and the only authentication it uses is reverse lookup as far as I am aware.
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Outgoing mail issues?

Have you tried temporarily disabling any Internet security software you have running?
You'll need to use port 25 and as long as your connected via a Plusnet line don't need to use authentication. If you are using authentication then you should use the username and password you use to log into our website. You need a subscription account to be able to do this though i.e. not a free one.
You should ensure SSL/TLS is disabled too.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ftoomsh

Hi Bob
I've nailed it. I knew by the time somone had replied and I'd eaten my dinner I'd spot the problem, it is always the way. For some reason SSL was selected and I'd missed it.
Thanks for your help anyway.
Sean
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

No problem, glad to hear it's sorted Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵