Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing email changes (free account)

FIXED
sandwithbells
Grafter

Outgoing email changes (free account)

Hi all,

I've had the email through regarding changes to outgoing email now needing to be sent through the plusnet relay. Not a problem for us but my in-laws have a free email account from plusnet from when they left due to a price increase whereby using 3G was cheaper than plusnet ADSL. My understanding was that they couldn't use the plusnet relay since they would be sending via another network and plusnet wouldn't allow authentication with a free mail only account. Has something changed or are we going to loose their email imminently?

Thanks

Alistair

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Outgoing email changes (free account)

Fix

Part of the changes planned will allow free accounts to authenticate with the Plusnet relay

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sandwithbells
Grafter

Thanks for the confirmation, we'll get then set up with that.
Cheers.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Alistair.

I believe that all mail only accounts have access to relay.plus.net regardless whether they were free or paid and they're all free now.

Let us know if you have any issues setting their emails up using this server.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet