cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing e-mail blocked as spam by avasout4 believe recipient is on a blacklist

eldridgep

Outgoing e-mail blocked as spam by avasout4 believe recipient is on a blacklist

I'm reporting this for a client of mine as I don't have their PlusNet details but I can provide their address or static IP details on request. I'm also a PlusNet customer so thought I'd log the call under my account in the meantime.
They run an in house Exchange 2013 server and when they send a .pdf file to a certain address they get the message:
avasout04
Remote Server returned '552 XlMq1r0010Yp4wo01lMspp message rejected due to spam or virus. If you believe this is in error please login to your portal or contact your ISP support team.'
Now they use relay.plus.net as their smarthost in Exchange and they can send the exact same file to my work account no problem. Which would suggest the message and their server are OK but they get this error whenever they send this particular attachment to this particular customer/supplier.
Doing a bit of googling I saw a similar post whereby the suggestion was that if the domain the e-mail was being sent to was on a blacklist then Cloudmark the reputation system that PlusNet use (?) would not allow mail to be sent to that domain. Just querying if that was accurate and if there was a way to get the domain removed off of the blacklist? I've checked the domain on MXToolbox and it does indeed show up on a blacklist there which does suggest this may be the case.
Any advice you can give to get these e-mails through and still retain using yourselves as a smarthost would be appreciated.
The message subject was "FW: 96297 & 96873" and it was sent on the 21st of October between 10:21 and 10:22
5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Outgoing e-mail blocked as spam by avasout4 believe recipient is on a blacklist

Message me the email address they're trying to send to and I'll take a look.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

eldridgep

Re: Outgoing e-mail blocked as spam by avasout4 believe recipient is on a blacklist

Message sent Bob appreciate the assistance.
eldridgep

Did you get a chance to take a look at this Bob?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Apologies, I must have overlooked your original message to me Embarrassed

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

eldridgep

No problem Bob.
Have gotten the client to try again and it has gone through this time, can only assume in the space between messages they have gotten themselves off of the blacklist.