cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing BT Connect email

cursor

Outgoing BT Connect email

I've been a residential Plusnet customer for a few years now and I've been very happy with the service. I'd like to sign up at work too and get rid of our aging Supanet broadband. One of the reasons I want to ditch Supanet is because we can't send email via our btconnect.com mailboxes - we just get relay errors regardless of which SMTP server is used.
Can anyone tell me if this will also be a problem with Plusnet? If not I'll get a MAC code from Supanet tomorrow!
Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Outgoing BT Connect email

Well you could always try a test email from your home connection, see if that works or not.
That's RPM to you!!
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Plusnet have no restrictions on what the from email address is when sending email from a Plusnet IP address through their mail servers. You can also use your own Plusnet login details* to establish an authenticated connection to plusnets mail servers and send email from other broadband connections.
- I have many non-plusnet email addresses and they all go via plusnets mail servers without any problems.
- Peter
* This only works for paid for products, you can't used a pay as you go or non-active account.
cursor

OK, so I tested sending an email with the BT Connect SMTP server through my residential Plusnet broadband and it was sent and received, so a successful test. Is it fair to assume that I'll get a similar speed to Supanet if I replace my office connection with Plusnet (on the same line)? I ask because when I replaced my residential BT broadband with Plusnet it was much faster. I can only guess Plusnet are pushing out of the exchange faster than BT are.