cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order emails from argos being quarantined

ukbaz
Dabbler

Order emails from argos being quarantined

Hi I have over the last couple of days made orders from Argos and when receiving communications back from the the emails are being quarantined. In both cases replying to the messaage as requested fails to release the emails:. 

It should be possible to reply to this mail to retrieve your email,
as long as your email application includes this entire message in
the reply.

How am I supposed to receive them?
I would have thought that order confirmations from one of the biggest UK retailers would have NOT been subject to a quarantine that you cannot unblock from!
8 REPLIES 8
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Order emails from argos being quarantined

@ukbaz  welcome to the forums.

I have had the same issues myself, for some reasons PlusNets spam/virus filters are treating them as high risk when they are not.

I also requested they were released 2 weeks ago nothing happened.

ukbaz
Dabbler

Hi Wakeman  - So as I thought I'm not the only one. 

It's ridiculous that emails from legitimate, large retailers can be blocked in this way - even more ridiculous when the suggested way of releasing them doesn't bloody work!

Have to say I've been totally unimpressed with Plusnet support - including having to rely of forum posts as a way of resolving (or trying to) issues.

It's the 21st Century and they have no support email contact address or ticket system?? Sad

Hope yours gets sorted!

Baz

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@ukbaz  I had just signed up with Argos and got the welcome email fine, but the ones confirming my order and delivery details where treated as bad. tried to get them released several times and nothing appeared to happen. Maybe you need to use webmail to see them as released. - I don't use webmail personally.

I have other emails quarantined before, but there really were from unknown people and almost certainly bad so did not request their release.

ukbaz
Dabbler

Tried webmail - no different! Still can't see them or find any way of adjusting spam filter or unblocking.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

This is not likely to be account level spam filtering.

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ukbaz
Dabbler

Hi Townman

Thanks  - I thought not.

This really is a pitiful system where you get several helpful responses from users and none from Plusnet support!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Mail issues such as this tends not to be a first line support matter. A small number of users are often in a better position to recognise recurrent issues than anyone of hundreds of first line support agents. As above I’ve poked this in the right direction for you,

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SwiftianSatire
Dabbler

Add me to the list of users puzzled as to why my Argos order confirmation email has been eaten by the quarantine monster.

Ordered today.

unquarantine@quarantine.plus.com sent email saying my email from

order.enquiries@argos.co.uk has been quarantined.

As others have stated, the email says "reply to this mail to retrieve your email".

No joy so far.

Good job I still had the order page open so I could copy the info into a text file!