cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Windows 7 how do I set up 'Outlook Express'

streetsalive

On Windows 7 how do I set up 'Outlook Express'

I have just had a computer die on me using XP, I did not back up anything - partly through being lazy and also not knowing how to.
I have had to purchase a new lap top with Window 7, apart from finding the whole experiance a bit daunting - I have no idea how to get Outlook Express on to the machine - I have tried downloading it but all I get is third parties  selling me stuff, any one help me - please ?
5 REPLIES 5
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: On Windows 7 how do I set up 'Outlook Express'

You want the Mail component of Windows Live, that's what replaces it - download & install.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Probably from here http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail?os=other
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Not applicable

If you download Windows Live Mail you will find it bundled with other Microsoft programmes e.g. Messenger which you might not want.  Just be sure to take the tick out of the boxes to only download the mail component.
Mozilla Thunderbird is probably a bit closer to Outlook Express in looks and function and this can be found HERE.
jenks2003

In Windows 7, you have the ability to set up a Windows XP mode. How you do it is too long for here, but do a google search for Windows XP Mode on Windows 7, and it will give you the links to the Microsoft pages for this.
When you set this up, you can then download and install Outlook Express and more importantly, install and use your Windows XP software which won't run on Windows 7.
Good luck!
PS Sorry, I should have mentioned that you can only set up WXP mode with Windows 7 Professional
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

And you need an XP licence......
Edit: Maybe not, I'm sure you did when it first came out.  Undecided