cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Freenetname email seems to have been hacked

FIXED
mikeyc

Old Freenetname email seems to have been hacked

Hi, I have an old Freenetname email account which seems to have been hacked, what can/should I do? 

5 REPLIES 5
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Old Freenetname email seems to have been hacked

@mikeyc,

Please immediately change your mailbox password details. To do this log into the Madasafish site. Once in click internet services, extras, and email.

mikeyc

Thanks, my issue seems to be similar to one mentioned in an earlier thread where people were receiving emails, asking for cash etc,. from there own account.

My other issue is the account is so old I am not sure I can remember the password, also although I still receive emails I get an error when I try to send emails (this started to happen many months ago).

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Fix

Hi @mikeyc,

You can try the forgotten password link which should email you a reset key but this will only send to the contact email address that was originally provided which might not be a viable option. 

If it isn't can you PM me the email address affected and we'll see if we can do anything that way. 

mikeyc

Hi, just checked the set up of my old email, the actual email address is [Removed] (but emails can be sent to the motortunes domain address)  Just used this in the MAAF pw reset link and it accepted it and said an email would be sent but I have not received it yet.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

From what I can see it looks like you've sorted this now and managed to change your password?

If that's not the case, we'd need to do this over the phone but we'll be happy to call you back whenever you're free?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet