Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Force9 E-mail settings for Office 365 or Mail

dljames
Hooked

Old Force9 E-mail settings for Office 365 or Mail

Hello,

I am looking for the settings please for my Force9 e-mail so I can use Office365 or Microsoft mail on my PC for IMMAP or Pop3. I have always used webmail, but it's becoming unreliable and not loading up the folders/mail. I have found old settings, but they do not seem to work (from 2016)

Can anyone help please?

Also, has anyone upgraded from Force9 to plusnet keeping heir mailbox, folders etc? 

Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Old Force9 E-mail settings for Office 365 or Mail

Hi @dljames, thanks for getting in touch. Steps on how to get your emails working through a client both the IMAP and POP3 way can be seen here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/How-to-get-your-e-mails-through-a-e-mail-client/td-p/1598809

Keeping your previous account open as just mail if migrating over a Plusnet account is certainly something we can try to do however there's no guarantee the email account can always be retained. If when you're looking to migrate over you drop us a message on here however then we'll certainly give it a go in trying to retain the acocunt as mail only.

Let us know how the setting up of your email client goes and should you have any issues please do get back to us.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@dljames 

Welcome to the forums.

The forum topic Ben pointed to is somewhat dated, written before Plusnet supported server encryption.  There is a new user help guide referred to in this topic - https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/No-STARTTLS-support-for-Force9-accounts/m-p/1831677#M35273 - but note that there has been some confusion over encryption settings, which the post I linked to seeks to clarify.

@JonoH - can we please retire the forum content which Ben pointed to, so that the more up to date information in the user guides takes precedence? 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Townman

What are your thoughts on us removing the sticky post entirely?

From what I can see all that content is Here on our help & support page.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

1. It’s better but removing the post entirely orphans 100s of pointers to it - the contents need culling and just a link to the new resource provided.

2. As commented elsewhere that guidance is flawed in that the encryption details are wrong and conjoin SMTP server settings with the choice of incoming server.

I note with interest that the help resource renders totally different on a phone compared with a desk top screen.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Townman wrote:
1. It’s better but removing the post entirely orphans 100s of pointers to it - the contents need culling and just a link to the new resource provided.

Makes sense. 

2. As commented elsewhere that guidance is flawed in that the encryption details are wrong and conjoin SMTP server settings with the choice of incoming server.

As @JonoH's not in the office and to make sure he doesn't miss the tag, I've emailed him what you've said Here.

Thanks for the heads up!

I note with interest that the help resource renders totally different on a phone compared with a desk top screen.

Looks like the page is optimised to work on a mobile device.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet