Did you mean: 

Odd behaviours of late

FIXED
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Odd behaviours of late

First

I sent emails to persons, whose names are in my address book. These persons have Plusnet email accounts, one in his private capacity, the other as an officer in a society. Both failed with a long message about ID, MX etc etc, ( Sorry I did not copy, but I was struggling with a supermarket site */437

Second

My wife has her own account with luzern.plus.com, so I am aware of them as they enter her inbox. Several recently have not appeared, but her IPad they were waiting for her to read.

Where would you suggest the problems emanate from; Plusnet or my email client, Thunderbird.

Please tell me of any solutions. if Plusnet is the culprit.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
10 REPLIES 10
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Odd behaviours of late

The detail of the error message might help a little...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Luzern
Hero

I've tried to resend to one, and here is the result impersonalised

<nnn@domain.plus.net> recipient rejected - domain has no delivery address (DNS MX or A record).
Please check the message recipient "nnn@domain.plus.neet" and try again.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

'nnn@domain.plus.neet' ?

John
Luzern
Hero

OOps  and double oops @jab1 , it should be neither net or neat, but com, of course. 

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

@Luzern, so just to make sure, you were sending it to the nnn@domain.plus.com address and it was that address that was actually in the error message?

My first though of where to check is that they both still have those email addresses.  The error message is basically saying that domain.plus.com (if the answer to my above question is yes), so (unless the error is totally wrong, which isn't impossible), either those two users have been deleted (so domain.plus.com has been removed from the DNS), or the email system has had issues looking up the domains in DNS.  The first is something that you should be able to do, and would be the most likely I think.  The second would need someone at Plusnet to dig through the logs (or whoever's systems actually generated the error if it isn't Plusnet).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Luzern
Hero

Mea culpa maxima.😥 Goodness knows why, but I managed to box and cox some of the addresses in the book.

Now what could be the second problem, please? I hope you are still willing to help!

Luzern
Hero

@Townman @pjmarsh 

I had decided  to uninstall my email client 'just in case' it was part of the problem. As part of pre-preparation I had to reboot so closed system overnight. This morning all the missing emails were showing.😂

Have you got ideas how all this hoo hah could have come about?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Fix
Win10?

My guess would be that the windows coms stack had become confused. Sometimes I find my machine loses It’s WiFi connection (Other devices are absolutely fine) and disconnecting and reconnecting (or restarting) sorts out a few inexplicable issues.

Luzern
Hero

@Townman  Yes, Win 10 H&S. I'll try to remember rebooting, as a problem solver.

Thanks.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): The fix has been changed to @Townman  as per message #9..

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still