cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now thoroughly hacked off with Webmail...

sbaldock

Now thoroughly hacked off with Webmail...

Well, I am now so hacked off with Webmail/Squirrelmail/Slothmail (!) that I am in the process of importing all into a new Gmail account ('cos their webmail is sooo much quicker & feature-rich - and don't even think about using the 'financial resources' argument!)
No forwarding facility (so I have to delete the mailbox after import and then re-setup as a redirect!!), speed slower than a tired snail with lethargy ..... need I go on.
One might have hoped for better features and resources being available after the BT buy-out-take-over-merger ... obviously not!! Maybe all the new money has gone into the new 'made-in-Yorkshire' TV ads !!!
One hacked off user!
3 REPLIES 3
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Now thoroughly hacked off with Webmail...

I would not touch Gmail with a 10 ft barge pole.
Not applicable

It's one way of bypassing SM but a bit circuitous and really we should not have to do this.  By the silence I wonder if PN expect us all to do this?
BT use Yahoo mail so is this not feasible for PN?
Of the free ones, Zoho mail is quite good IMO.  It will import messages and can be configured to display PN email address in just the same way as gmail.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@poppy, Yahoo mail is as Bad as Gmail,  would not touch them with a 10 ft barge pole.
Yahoo and Gmail Scan all incoming and outgoing mail wen using webmail to profile the email add ads to the email, if you don't mind all your mail been scand them use Yahoo or Gmail, but the sender of the email may mind that there email has been scand for profiling, especially if the email is off a solicitor.