cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving emails

Batch

Not recieving emails

Hi.

I have an email only account that has stopped recieving. I use the accound on both pc (via windows live mail) and iphone (via the mail app) and inboxes on both have not recieved anything since 10.00am Tuesday morning, but I can still send.

I've sent emails to myself at a gmail address which are recieved ok, then replied back to the Plusnet account but they never arrive.

I've logged in to the online webmail page where i can see that junk mail was still being recieved up until weds 11.59am, but not since.

When I try to access the inbox from there I get a message saying "server error: failed to send FETCH command"

Can anyone help?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Not recieving emails

Hi @Batch,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused you. Please run through the following steps to resolve the FETCH command error:

1.    Log into webmail via the link below:
https://webmail.plus.net

2.    On the inbox list screen, select “List Options" which is the little grid icon on the left of the column title bar
3.    Set sorting column to “None"
4.    Click “save"
5.    Try using webmail again

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Batch

Hi.

Thanks for your response.

I've done as you said and now can see the inbox, which shows that no emails have been recieved since 10.00am Tuesday.

Is there any way the account could be checked to see if there is a technical problem?

Batch

Ok think I'm getting somewhere.

It looks like the inbox is full, so I'm deleting messages.

As I'm doing that, new messages are starting to trickle in, but it's really tedious as if it try to delet more than 4-5 messages at a time I get an error message. It's taking ages!!!

Sad

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Sorry about that @Batch. Any emails that were sent to you whilst the issue was ongoing will start coming through - it may take up to 24 hours for all of these emails to reach you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Batch I see @EmilyD may have resolved your problem, but I advise you to do a regular house-keeping job on your emails in general. If you have set both clients up as IMAP, or POP with the 'Never delete from server' option selected, you will suffer this problem on a regular basis, and also possibly cause your email account to be archived for breaching the 1GB storage limit.

John