cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving password reset emails

Yayabailey

Not receiving password reset emails

I have requested 3 separate password reset emails from 2 different websites (WordPress and British Museum) over the last few days, none of which has been received. I checked spam in webmail. Is there a filter somewhere that would be blocking these? What else are they not coming through?
3 REPLIES 3
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Not receiving password reset emails

Hi, have you seen these yet, or worked out why this has happened?  These shouldn't be being stopped by anything on our side.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Yayabailey

Hi Kelly,
None of the messages have turned up. I have requested them again but no joy.
😕
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

You could try turning off spam filtering to see if that is blocking the messages. You would need to wait a few hours before asking for the emails to be sent again. If they get through the headers in those emails will provide diagnostic information for Plusnet to work out why the emails were previously blocked.

If you want to try turning spam filtering off, log into the Member Centre, then click Email Settings on the left and the Manage My Mail icon. Select the Spam tab then the radio button to turn filtering off.

Reverse the process to turn it on again. If you do this consider turning off Discard Obvious Spam.

David