Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving p/net emails on Outlook 2010 on a PC

FIXED
Wombat77
Dabbler

Not receiving p/net emails on Outlook 2010 on a PC

There must a simple answer to this?? I am receiving incoming emails to my p/net account on my android tablet and p/net webmail on my PC, no problem.

I am not receiving incoming emails to my p/net a/c on my PC using Outlook 2010. The settings are:

incoming, mail.plus.net , POP3,  server 110

outgoing, relay.plus.net,  SMTP , Server 25

Sending emails from the PC plusnet account is not a problem as I have sent test messages to both my Hotmail and Gmail accounts.

The last email I received in Outlook 2010 to my P/net account  was in  November 2017.

Any ideas please are most welcome. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29
rhares

Re: Not receiving p/net emails on Outlook 2010 on a PC

I have been having the same problem but mines Outlook 2013. This is the 3rd time now. 1st in 2016,  2nd end od Dec 2017 and now reported the problem to PlusNet again. The stock answer seems to be clear you e-mails from your account, done that, there wasn't many there after last time, made no difference. Was told it was maintenance  the server last time , we shall see what they come up with this time.

I did read on another forum that Outlook was going to make some changes to the older Outlook systems and not support them don't know if this is the problem.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Wombat77
Dabbler

Thanks gel, I put the link you gave in my browser and went through the set-up. Everything seemed in order and the "Wizard" at the end indicated successful installation and confirmed with a test message. The last command in the sequence said click the 'send/receive' button in the top left hand corner which I did and a load of incoming emails immediately loaded. I must admit that in the previous 10 years I have been in OZ (same PC) I never touched that button once as when I logged in to my ISP the emails were there. Anyway the problem seems resolved and I have confirmed this with test mails sent from my gmail account. Thanks for your help and others who have commented.

Wombat77
Dabbler

The link that "gel" suggested worked for me and am receiving emails ok now. Try it, I didn,t have to change my port settings which are: incoming 110 and outgoing 25. (just for info)