cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving from btinternet addresses.

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Not receiving from btinternet addresses.

My mate has PN and has noticed he is not getting certain emails. He narrowed it down to all his contacts who are btinternet users.

He uses pop3 on a mac with items left on server which he accesses from other mobile devices using imap.

Interestingly he once saw a notification on his android device that he had a message from one of these people but when he tried to open it, it wasn't there.

The only thing I can think of is his mac is deleting them off the server for some reason but it seems a  bit odd it only does it for btinternet addresses.

The messages are nowhere to be seen. Not in deleted or trash folders on any device or webmail!

Anyone any idea why this might be happening and how he might sort it out?

TIA

PT

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Not receiving from btinternet addresses.

The first thing I'd recommend is to get rid of the POP3 fly in the ointment.  If accessing the same email address on multiple devices is a requirement, they all ought to be IMAP.

Also check spam filter configuration under email settings on the user portal - check the black list entries.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Not receiving from btinternet addresses.

Thanks, looked in to all that to no avail. One of his 'blocked' senders sent to me and it came through fine. At a bit of a loss now.

PT