cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving emails in webmail or client but can get them on phone

Bright8
Grafter

Not receiving emails in webmail or client but can get them on phone

For the past few days I have been unable to receive emails in webmail. I get error messages about FETCH COMMAND (dont know what that means). I also can't receive emails in my email client on my laptop (when I refresh no new emails appear). But I can still receive the emails on my phone. Any ideas why I can't receive them in webmail? I've not changed anything. 

4 REPLIES 4
markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: Not receiving emails in webmail or client but can get them on phone

Just a thought, you haven't changed anything about your phone email settings have you?

I wonder if the phone is taking the emails (using POP3) and not leaving them there for the laptop or webmail.

I am the satisfied customer....
Bright8
Grafter

No, i've not changed anything at all. I've checked the phone and it says IMAP.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Bright8,

I can't see any issues our side but I've refreshed the mailbox component to try to fix.

Could you check webmail again for me? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

The fetch command failure (the webmail's IMAP connection to the mail server) and the failure of the PC client to download recently received emails might suggest that there is an email with a very large attachment which the two IMAP clients are struggling with.

Check your mail items on the phone to see if there is a big one which is the "next" to the last one showing on the PC.  If there is a large email, try increasing the server timeout setting on the PC client or consider deleting it / moving it to another folder using the phone.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.