cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving certain e-mails

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Not receiving certain e-mails

Any of  you Plusnetters who also run for exercise and 'fun' have probably heard of Parkrun, and those of you who also do Parkrun will receive a "your personal result" e-mail after each event you do, so you will know what I am talking about.
I was getting my result e-mail until about 2 weeks ago when they suddenly stopped. My local Parkrun tell me they are still sending these e-mails, but I think the person I was talking to may have mistaken text messages for e-mails. They told me to go onto my profile on the Parkrun web-site and reset the e-mail option, but there doesn't seem to be an option for this - there is for the newsletter e-mail, the volunteer e-mails, and I can set up the text message, but not the personal result e-mail. The Parkrun web-site suggests that if you are not receiving this e-mail, it might be ending up in the Spam bin at the ISP, but I cannot find any sign in my Plusnet account of anything set up to redirect this particular e-mail to anything other than to me.
Please, if anyone has any suggestions, would you lety me know what you think.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Re: Not receiving certain e-mails

Guess what? My personal result e-mail arrived today. Hopefully that means problem solved.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Remember if something is flagged as Spam by Plusnet it will go into your Spam email box at webmail even if you've not set it to be so directed. I have to keep checking the Spam box daily because legitimate ones often get trapped. In theory you can whitelist but whitelisting everything would be overly onerous.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

You only need to white list the ones you trust.  If they are not from shared domains (e.g. @gmail.com) you could whitelist the whole domain.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.