Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving PDF attachments.

cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Not receiving PDF attachments.

Has anyone had the following problem?

For at least five years a company has been sending PDF attachments to my Plusnet webmail address.

The documents are password secured and I have never had a problem receiving and opening them until recently.

The company says they have sent the email and its attached PDF, however I do not receive it and it has not been bounced back to the originator.  All my spam folders have been checked but there is no trace of the email. 

The company says they have had similar problems with other Plusnet webmail addresses and have contacted PN to report the issue. I too have contacted PN Support - very helpful but can find no issue their end.

I am baffled - any advice will be much welcomed.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not receiving PDF attachments.

@cyrilclark1 - Well I'd create a temp email account using gmail or similar and have them send it to that address to prove that it is being both sent and received. This of course does not mean that Plusnet's service is to blame. As you know the name of the company it wouldn't do any harm to find out from Plusnet if they really have contacted PN to discuss this matter and aren't simply making excuses for something that is their fault.

cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Hello Mook, Thanks for that. I have got a gmail account and I shall be asking the company to use that in future as you suggested.

I think your second point is also valid. I spoke to PN Support yesterday (got through within just about 3 minutes!); however I think it will be worth raising the issue in writing with PN to make sure that the company concerned has raised the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cyrilclark1, I think it would be wise to chase this up, not just on principal but to provide a definitive yes or no to their claim, to me it sounds like a case of buck passing. Things can get lost in the mail, but that is a rarity, but to have no trace of it implies to me that it was never sent in the first place so worth a chase.

cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Yes, I've been thinking that way too. I have a suspicion that the email has never left the originator's server.

They have a deadline to sort things out by this Friday, otherwise they will lose my custom.

Thanks again for your advice.