Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to receive emails

FIXED
suziem1
Hooked

Not able to receive emails

I have a plusnet webmail account which I dont use that often but I logged into it today as I'm changing mobile phone providers and my account is still linked to my plusnet address. I havent received any incoming mail this year which is unusual for me. I did a test email and was able to receive an email to one of my identities but not the other (the other being the main one I use and all external contact would come into). I can send emails from both identities. I've added both identities to my Mail box (I didnt use to have them both there never seemed to make a difference) and added a catch all to the alias but doesn't seen to have made any difference, still no incoming Mail. I know I have an insurance policy renewing soon so really need to get my mail working.
13 REPLIES 13
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Not able to receive emails

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from General Chat to email

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,

Cold you drop me a PM with your username and the names of the mailboxes that you're having the issue with please? - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
suziem1
Hooked

Hi Adam,I sent you a PM with info as requested but no reply?
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @suziem1

My apologies for the delay in responding to your PM.

Could you please log into webmail via http://webmail.plus.com/ using the Suzanne mailbox and once you're logged in, send an email to yourself (again, to the Suzanne mailbox) and let me know if that comes through?

I've taken a look at your account and there's nothing from this side that would indicate an issue with that mailbox.

Thanks

Dave

suziem1
Hooked

I've never logged into my mailbox separately, all of my emails have filtered into the Suziem inbox. How do I log into the Suzanne inbox?
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @suziem1

The login details would be as follows:

Username: <username> (for the primary account)+<mailbox name> - so in your case username+suzanne

Password: Your account password

Thanks

Dave

suziem1
Hooked

Thanks Dave, tried that unfortunately I just keep getting login failed.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

If you're logging in using the username as username+mailbox then the password isn't necessarily your account password. It'd be the password you set up for that additional mailbox.

To change the password, log in to your account itself Here and go to Manage My Mail Here.

Let us know how it goes. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
suziem1
Hooked

Thank you. I'm in now!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Glad to hear that! Thumbs_Up

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Vmac

I can send and receive on 2 identities and send on further identities but if I reply to the latter I receive an error message address unknown. Is there a limit to identities?
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Vmac, thanks for getting in touch. I've checked over your account and can't see any issues with your initial mailbox or alias's that you've set up.The only thing I can think of that could be stopping the incoming mail to one or a few of these alias's would be if they were set up recently as it takes up to 30 minutes for it to take effect.here
There is a solution I have in mind that may help, if you enable catch all on your mail mailbox then if for what ever reason your alias's don't receive and forwards on your mail to your mailbox then the catch all feature would send it there for you. The catch all feature works by any emails addressed to <anything>@<your username>.plus.com with <anything> literally being anything, will be forwarded onto your desired mailbox. This should help with any messages that aren't picked up by your alias's or with anyone sending you emails that may incorrectly typed. The catch all feature can be turned on via the "manage my email" section of the member center here.
I hope this helps.

Vmac

Brilliant, thank you. I must have done this ages ago for my other identities but forgot what I'd done!