cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No emails over mobile network

thedales

No emails over mobile network

I've been a plusnet email user for many years without any issues.  In recent months I've not been able to send or receive emails when connected to the mobile phone network.   As soon as I get a Wifi connection everything works perfectly.  My wife has exactly the same problem on her phone too. ( Both Huawei android)

I've tried three different mail apps but all have the same issues.  The message states  "cannot connect to the server"

I have always used the same settings for pop3  mail.plus.net and relay.plus.net and no security.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bob

2 REPLIES 2
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: No emails over mobile network

Hi @thedales,

Please accept my apologies for the issue in being unable to send or receive mail.

Could you kindly ensure that the incoming and outgoing mail server settings are as listed below.

Username: Account username, or if using an additional mailbox, username+(mailbox name)
Password: Your mailbox password

POP3 Incoming mail server: mail.plus.net  
POP3 Incoming mail server port: 110

SMTP Outgoing mail server: relay.plus.net  
SMTP Outgoing mail server port: 587

SSL: Off for both incoming and outgoing

If the error message changes when you try receiving or sending mail after any amendments to settings, let us know so we can investigate the issue further. You could also attach screen shots of your mail account settings to this thread removing any sensitive information to help us identify the problem.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
thedales

Re: No emails over mobile network

Hello and thank you for your reply.

I am happy to report that I have resolved the problem.   It was caused by a function on our phones which was activated by Vodafone caled "Secure Net" . I turned it off an our emails came through on the mobile network immediately.  It was only our plunet emails that were affected, Gmail always worked ok.

I wonder if was the lack of SSL / TLS security that was the issue.   Anyway, I hope others find this helpful.

Regards Bob

Tags (1)