Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

Intcomp
Dabbler

Re: No Email Access

@RichT wrote:

PlusNet service status has now been updated to show problem with email.

https://plusnet.servicestatus.net/plusnet/status

Hopefully they've had their Weetabix (or similar) with a large mug of strong Yorkshire tea and will be able to get this fixed asap

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

Several posts on same topic merged.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
molly8
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: ATTENTION PLUSNET - MAJOR E-MAIL ISSUES

It would be reassuring to know that someone from Plusnet/Madasafish was doing something about it and could give us some sort of update.

mikep
Dabbler

Customer services say they are aware the is a problem. The chap i spoke to advised that he had been told email was completely down, it was been worked on by the techs and to try again in an hour, I did point out that it has already been down at least 7 hours.

KevH
Rising Star

Not sure I agree with the "Issue first occurred on : 10 November 2021 7:56 AM" statement...

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: No email this morning 10 November

jezport
Dabbler

Neither do I, my mobile checks the mail every 20 mins and 5.39 was the last time it managed to download emails.

Anonymous
Not applicable

email FORWARDING not working

There are other forum topics regarding being unable to login to email at the moment (10th November 2021).

I have started this separate topic to point out that email forwarding isn't working either.

I have multiple external domains used for email, and many Plusnet legacy email address forwards set up to those external domain mailboxes.  I manage all my email on the external domains.

If I send an email from external_domain_1 to a Plusnet email_address_forward that resends all incoming messages to external_domain_2,  currently no emails are getting through, and there is no bounce/rejected message coming back from Plusnet email servers to say the email wasn't accepted.

Whatever the email problem is, it is not limited to being able to authenticate Plusnet POP, SMTP, and IMAP servers

Hazel74
Rising Star

Thank you so much.  Will something be posted somewhere when the issue is fixed?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Keep your eyes on that link.

John
Rik13
Grafter

same problem here

GlobalSteve
Dabbler

Re: Attention Plusnet - Major E-mail Issues

Indeed, same here.  My Globalnet and and CallnetUK accounts dont work.  It worked late last night on 9NOV  . . . but when I tried around 2am today 10NOV all POP3 and IMAP all access failed.  I did a Google search that the Plusnet result returned the message "Plusnet - We'll do you proud. Thanks for visiting, we'll be back soon. We've had to take the site down for maintenance. We'll be as quick as we can, ..." so I can only guess that something serious went wrong during their server work.

One strange point I found during my own tests earlt this morning. using my mobile IMAP connection I created a test email to another account I have, pressed send, and the email arrived at the other end ok . . . . despite the server still NOT allowing me to fully access the services.  Just though this little info may help the tech guys on the case. 

It does not appear that Plusnet are aware and on the case. Fingers crossed.

GlobalSteve
Dabbler

Re: email FORWARDING not working

I am guessing that your issues are related to the MANY email issues people have this monring.  The Plusnet Tech Team seem to be on the case. Keep an eye on this post they made a short while ago 

https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Information/Plusnet-email-login/m-p/1837590 

Hazel74
Rising Star

Thank you so much 😀

Hazel74
Rising Star

Thanks for posting that, glad its not just me and nothing I have done!