cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

PeterB1
Rising Star

Re: Email down since yesterday evening

Regarding  the latest status update at 12.44 today, I CANNOT log in to webmail. The connection to webmali.plus.net just hangs.

And I cannot Send from Outlook, though I am receiving some emails.

mcc1961

Re: globalnet server not authenticating from outlook since outage

The mail was stable up until the outages. I can randomly connect and then not connect.

This is on Outloo6 2016, outlook 2019, ipads, iphones, Ios 14. It definately seems to be the server or the network to it.

Before then it was stable (extremely slow/hardly useable on the webmail) form the devices.

elkieluca
Grafter

Re: Hallelujah I can send emails!!!

I was wrong it’s stopped sending emails AGAIN ! 

Stevebod

Re: Email down since yesterday evening

..and it gets worse..the "next" update is now not due until tomorrow (Saturday) at 9:30!

..do they actually have anybody working there that knows anything about IT?

Harold1066
Grafter

Re: Not able to send emails

Great - that worked - thanks.

johntoby
Hooked

Re: globalnet server not authenticating from outlook since outage

I have been unable to receive emails to Globlanet via Outlook 365 since Tuesday night on a Windows 10 computer and Outlook receives temporary error message.  I could not access either my Plusnet or Globalnet webmail boxes to start with.  Yesterday and today I have been able to access my Plusnet webmail but I have not yet managed to access my Globalnet emails.  The box seems to open partially but not display any emails despite waiting for up to 20 minutes.  Seems to suggest that over and above the general Plusnet problems there may be a problem for those of us unfortunate enough to have been taken over by Plusnet  Isn't it time we had some more information and BT to take a hand helping its malfunctioning subsidiary before some of this affects is own reputation.

cjh
Dabbler

Re: Latest Email Problems

I also failed to find the page on the Plusnet website, but knew it was there and went direct from a Google search. A sticky, yes, but really Plusnet ought to have this linked from the help pages. Or, you not only have to know it exists, you have to also know you should consult the community ... where this is really a Plusnet responsibility.

hevans
Grafter

Re: Continuing email problems.

Many thanks Lauren.

I appreciate that things like this take time to sort out and as long as I know that it is not just my system that is failing to connect then at least I can re-route emails via another account.

There will always be people who rant about problems which leads to wasting time trying to respond to them rather than sorting out the problem.

Again thanks for taking the time to reply with an update.

Huw.

Hazel74
Rising Star

Re: No email this morning 10 November

@DigbyChicken Hurrah indeed!  I am glad for you - lets hope its fixed, fingers crossed.  Now would be a good time for an update from Plusnet to let us know what happened, and what is going to happen.  There seems to be a fair bit of distrust breeding 😞

Ian_at_pn
Hooked

I'm glad some are having success, but I've not been able to send via Outlook or via my phone.  Outlook sending was working sporadically yesterday but stopped, my phone hasn't been able to send since this all started.  I am receiving mails though on both.

harrym1byt
Rising Star

I still cannot send an email from my Iphone, via gmail, and have it received via plusnet..

martinund
Grafter

Re: Not able to send emails

@Kwak wrote:

"Our work around has been to amend the email client's ( Outlook / Thunderbird et al ) SMTP server

from relay.plus.net / smtp.plus.net to 212.159.8.107"

Thank you Philip, I've tried that and it works. Great for another customer to help with that, I'd not have guessed there was a hidden server that worked. It's obviously not an actual DNS issue as the server responds quickly, just with "computer says no".

Thank god for the internet and its associated web community, makes me wonder how I'd have managed to fix sending emails before the internet was invented 😋🤗🤔😇!

It didn't work for me. I'm using Windows Live Mail. I tried various permutations of port 587, SSL, authentication by clear text/secure password/APOP but I always got prompted to enter my username/password.

But... when I restored to the original settings relay.force9.net / clear text; port 25 / no SSL, everything sprang into life. Maybe the several times that I've tried it, when it's always worked, I was lucky and the domain name happened to map to a working (rather than broken) server.

Hazel74
Rising Star

I just tried webmail - after all these alerts for the forum I thought it was time to delete some emails.  It took ages to log in, and when I finally got there then I couldn't delete anything - can't even find a delete button, was relying on right-click, but no joy with that either, then it bombed out on me ☹️

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Further to yesterdays email problem -this post is aimed at Plusnets techies please

Thanks for getting back to me @penneck

Ah no problem, I'm glad to see things are working better for you now. ‌Thumbs_Up‌Let me know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Latest Email Problems

People come to service space from a number of directions. They should all point to the author active space. Jono has full control of this space hence this request.

This space functions in the event of a major outage of plus.net which is why this community and the service status portals are hosted separately. Yes the user portal should point to service stairs but - as was seen in time past - if the main site goes down the status becomes inaccessible.

These were significant changes the SUs requested … way back when!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.