cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

jonnyfriendly
Grafter

Re: Latest Email Problems

Agree - this is now getting v serious for very many people - some of whom's business/finances/social etc. are affected.

It's clear that there is a problem sending emails and receiving is also problematic.

Communication is so important in these circumstances. An explanation of the precise nature of the problems would help as would regular updates (hourly). Customer focus is everything. 
Please communicate, so at least people can plan ahead.

This is not good enough.

Communicate! Communicate! Communicate!

balvack2
Grafter

Re: continuing help with emails

I seem to be getting mail coming in since this morning - although there's no way for me to tell what, if anything, I've lost. However there's still an ongoing issue with sending emails. The Service Status page and the thread you've linked to don't say anything about when that still being an issue.

It's really frustrating that there is so little information on what the root cause is and when it will be fully resolved. I don't use Twitter but - according to those in the know - apparently there's not even been a tweet on the Plusnet account about this issue - only a standard reply to anyone who asks. Though apparently people are now being told to set up a mail client as a fix. Well that's what I already have, and I can't send anything.

Can someone who knows what is going on please update your customers? Please? thank you.

Harold1066
Grafter

Re: Not able to send emails

Service Status suggest that all is now well if you are using an email client. I am still unable to send emails - error message is:-

" Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Plus Net Account', Server: 'relay.plus.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

FAILSAFE01
Rising Star

Re: Email down since yesterday evening

I have had the complete opposite on and off for 2 years and have the copies of my emails to the BT CEOs to prove it.  The service has been unacceptably poor and they knew what the problems were many months ago but just let it get worse over time. Now the 'chickens have come home to roost' and the tabloids and other website media are aware and things are going to be tricky 'brandwise'  for both BT and Plusnet.

I have just had a response from the complaints managers but I am truly shocked by some his comments  in his reply.

" This is not a quick fix issue and could take years to become fully resolved."

"Our engineers are constantly making small amendments to the servers configuration and these generally improve it in the short term but the long term fix is not so easy."

"If your Plusnet email address is your main one or is one that is important to you then we would strongly suggest that you look at moving to alternative email provider such as a Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook etc. I would also recommend that you download any important emails stored on our servers to a local machine or to your new email provider to limit any possible loss of those emails."

I responded back asking if Philip Jansen is fully aware of the situation and that I have literally thousands of important emails. I've also asked how he is expecting me to download those emails when I can't even login ? Also when I do manage to login the inbox isn't even downloaded , takes 20 mins to open up a single email , I get errors composing and sending emails , copies of sent emails are not saved .  

Plusnet should do the right thing and download all our emails onto another storage area and give us access to download them 'en masse' to our computers. Then just advise customers to migrate off Plusnet in the next few weeks and pull the plug.  The longer they drag out this embarrassing service failure the more damage they are doing to their brand.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Re: Another cannot send email

The resolution of the general problem has to clear the acquired backlogs.

Sending mail is still sluggish.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

madswitcher
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: No email this morning 10 November

sending emails seems to have come up at my end now.

Regards

Mike

I spoke too soon - now both send and receive gone down again

coastergrotto
Grafter

Plusnet keep saying 'Some customers may be experiencing difficulties.etc. etc'.      What do they mean by some???   It seems to me that everyone is experiencing difficulties.     

There is definitely something more than Plusnet are letting on IMHO.  This should have been fixed by now  

DigbyChicken
Dabbler

Webmail not working. Outlook unable to download any emails. Android has downloaded emails up to about 9.30am this morning. (Webpage/domain started working at about midday? It was down earlier.)

I am, it is fair to say, not a happy bunny.

wphil
Dabbler

Re: Email problems

Sorry I'm not plusnet but I have seen similar experience to you.  Emails tending to dry up and seemed to be less emails from yesterday when I logged in the morning.

I have just received an email timestamped as 17-30 but in fact examining the headers it was sent at 18-00 yesterday.

I assume you have been watching the status page but they don't put much in the way of detail.

Wphil

CWatters
Grafter

Re: Unable to access my email via Outlook Sever constantly rejecting my credentials

I started to receive some emails earlier today but still cannot send them. On an Android tablet I get a message similar to:

"Cannot verity account. Server does not support authentication"

Seems their problems continue.  I first noticed an issue a week ago when some emails with attachments started to bounce. Then last time it worked correctly for me was about 10:50 pm on Tuesday. Not since. Its now Thursday 18:30pm

CWatters
Grafter

Re: Unable to access my email via Outlook Sever constantly rejecting my credentials

I wouldn't ask people to resend yet. Wait until the issue is fixed.

gixerkarl

Same here my plusnet email account is not sending or reserving any emails.

I cannot log into my plusnet online email account but the tech post said we can.

breslaw
Rising Star

During this email clusterf*** I have been told that any real explanation of what has happened could be subject to "commercial confidentiality" restrictions; in other words we'll learn absolutely nothing.
Last time I had an email crisis at PN, which took weeks before they failed to fix things, I basically learned that because they're running down the email service, PN no longer has any expertise in house. Draw your own conclusions.
gixerkarl

What do you mean

they're running down the email service?Huh

SameAgain

Come on PN - 'fess up. What was the problem?

I still can't log in to my primary email but can into the sub-accounts.  Had to create a new account for the Forum - again.   2 days with no email.  Not bothered other than what have I missed that might be important and not the usual c**p?

So what was it?  Cert expired?  Borked firmware update?  Power failure?  Human error?  S**t happens - I've worked in IT for 25 years, stuff goes wrong.  We all have it.  Been with F9 for 22 years, before PN got hold of them.  Been ok so far - way more stable then the VF 500Mb CityFibre we have - and why I haven't cancelled my F9 account.  I'd like to know the cause of this though.