cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

H2a
Dabbler

Re: Where Are My Emails?

I am receiving mails in at the rate of one per hour, after a period of being able to send a emails out this morning, now I can't send at all. To many people it's stressful and annoying, to business users it is costing money and goodwill to clients.

Rik13
Grafter

Re: No Email Access

@BCN 

I've had decent service from them for several years regarding the broadband etc . I think you're better using something like even hotmail or Yahoo than the +net one for a main email address . None of the emails I have not been able to access during this episode will be overly important . I still cant access them today .

Mgnl1983
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: After Yesterdays Outage

Yes Exactly the same for me too.  Yesterday I could send but not receive emails.  Everything was ok this morning, but now I am only able to receive but not send.   This is fun isn't it :o[

MartynJF
Hooked

Re: Latest Email Problems

I totally agree. When a service vanishes and everything looks normal on the website you tend to blame yourself, your computer, or your software and waste a lot of time looking into problems that don't exist. 

Tykebike
Grafter

Thanks for taking the time to reply but I notice that this is on the community website not on the main Plusnet website where, in my opinion it should be. I pay my money to Plusnet not to the community helpful though it is.

Tykebike
Grafter

Thanks for the link, can you tell me how you would find that from a starting point of the Plusnet home page? I tried the Help & Support page but couldn't find anything that would indicate that there is a current major problem.

Admittedly the page that your link takes me to defines there is a problem but my point is that to the less experienced user it should be visible on the home page of the provider.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @Tykebike  really sorry that you're having issues. We tend not to update the main page when we're having service outages because there's a chance that that page may be impacted. Instead, we update our Service Status page that is hosted (like these boards) separately and so more likely to be available when issues arise. 

I hope this info helps, and in future, if you need to check on our services https://plusnet.servicestatus.net/plusnet/status os the best place. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Putting Plusnet Service Status into a browser gives you this. https://plusnet.servicestatus.net/plusnet/status

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

steveweir77

I cannot connect using my email client on various devices but I have just now succeeded, after many attempts, to log in to webmail.  I have a totally empty Inbox with no sub-folders.  Fingers crossed PlusNet will eventually restore the lost data.

Does anyone know what's going on?  PlusNet do not seem to have been willing to share much information.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

That works fine for me on and off the VPN and on both my laptop and mobile device, is it not working correctly for you?

ServiceStatus.png

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Missing emails since the November unable to 'login issue' resolve

Hey everyone, I'm so sorry for the delay in responding, we're really busy right now so it's taking a bit longer to get back to people.

Some of our customers are having issues with their email service at the moment and we're working on trying to resolve this as a priority. Updates on this issue can be tracked here http://status.plus.net.

As this is a technical issue, your data and emails shouldn't be impacted or lost, although you'll likely experience some delays in these coming through to you.

We're hoping to resolve this as soon as possible, as we understand the inconvenience that this has caused. I'm sorry if this is not the answer you were looking for, we're doing all we can to get this sorted.

mpwsheff

Townman, I worked for many years in IT support and development and fully understand and appreciate what you say, but many people will not appreciate that identifying and implementing a technical fix does not mean that the service is 'fixed' for them. Staff have posted:

"Customers should now be able to log in their Plusnet email, however they may experience a delay when sending and receiving emails..."

and 

"Most customers should now be able to log in their Plusnet email, however they may experience a delay when sending and receiving emails. A small number of customers may still be unable to log in when using Webmail. Plusnet email accounts can be accessed using an email client as normal..."

When users read this they naturally all try to log in because they've been told they should be able to. They may expect sending and receiving to be a bit slower than usual, but no more than that. When they find they can't even log in, they will get annoyed and frustrated.

The messages suggested that the issue was nearly resolved, and for very many customers it was not, and still is not.

GlobalSteve
Dabbler

Re: Missing emails since the November unable to 'login issue' resolve

@knowdice sorry for delay, real busy today.

You raise a good question, and the answer is NO nothing bounced back to me.  So maybe they did arrive at the Plusnet servers and as others have suggested they may just be in limbo at the moment.  As someone mentioned below, I suppose the item needed is 'Patience'

Thanks all

smallblueplanet
Rising Star

I'm receiving none of my emails and can't log in either. Where are my emails?

harrym1byt
Rising Star

Re: No email this morning 10 November

I received a couple of emails letting me know there had been updates on this thread, but they were delayed for 4 hours. Still unable to send anything at all, or even connect to the send server.