cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

SagaPlus
Dabbler

Re: No Email Access

I am getting emails sent yesterday and dated such in dribs and drabs.

I have a test email sent by a friend this morning that I have received twice.

Still cannot send emails.

Saturn
Grafter

I've been with PN for 20 years and it's never been declared as a free service. If that's the attitude of PN they might find an exodus.  Even the member centre doesn't work properly now! Do ya proud!!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: After Yesterdays Outage

@highside57PN I suspect - but can't prove - that yesterdays hiatus has caused more problems than first realised. I could send but not receive yesterday - today it is the other way round.

John
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@jab1 

I'd assumed, incorrectly it now transpires after seeing this thread, that all was well with email as I'd received a few this morning, one of which was sent by my NAS using the same account at 6:05 (i.e. both send and receive on that account have worked today).

Yesterday's email sent by my NAS at 6:05 wasn't received until today (again, both using the same account), so yesterday send worked but receive failed at that time. Later in the day both send and receive weren't working.

Attempting a couple of times just now to send a test email to myself failed to send, receive seems to have been working as emails have arrived several times this morning.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

For info (if anyone is interested) and for PN Help Team if they visit, this is what I get on attempting a send:-

Fail.PNG

My connection settings are 100% correct, and I have no intention of checking them,

John
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Email down since yesterday evening

Hey @insussex,

I'm so sorry for the delay in responding, we're a really busy right now so it's taking a bit to get back to people.

Some of our customers are having issues with their email service at the moment and we're working on trying to resolve this as a priority. Updates on this issue can be tracked here https://status.plus.net. As this is a technical issue, your data and emails shouldn't be impacted or lost, although you'll likely experience some delays in these coming through to you.

We're hoping to resolve this as soon as possible, as we understand the inconvenience that this has caused. I'm sorry if this is not the answer you were looking for, we're doing all we can to get this sorted.

keithatmoleend
Dabbler

Wow, I have now just managed to log on and  download over 50 emails that have accrued somewhere. I have also been able to send a test email to myself but for the moment, I have not received it back. I hope this is a sign that things are slowly being sorted. Fingers crossed.

BCN
Dabbler

No such luck here.  I reported this morning that I was able to log on, but that turned out to be just once - with a few new emails from Tuesday night before the outage started, only - but I haven't been able to since. 36 hours now.  Ridiculous.  I'll be seriously considering leaving Plusnet irrespective of their good service in other respects.  So much for any semblance of customer loyalty, even if emails are a free add-on.  I'm emphatically not a vindictive person, but in sheer business terms I hope plenty of others vote with their feet - I hope this hurts Plusnet bigtime.

lolly9416
Dabbler

Re: No email this morning 10 November

I've had customers say their emails have pinged back saying it can't be delivered so who knows what is going on and when it will be resolved.

Actually shocked that this is not resolved yet

mgh65
Dabbler

Re: Email down since yesterday evening

I think the only way around the issue it to change providers.....plusnet really don't seem to care...look at the messages they give to the press, playing it down as if its a minor issue affecting a few people.

And please people, I dont want any fan-boy replies defending plusnet ( yes, I still have cables running all over the floor of my house because of the wifi router problems )

wraithwind

mgh65
Dabbler

could be worse, you could be stood in a queue at a ryan air check in trying to show your boarding card.....

Harold1066
Grafter

Re: Not able to send emails

t least when you call there is a recorded message saying that tere is a fault. it says that you may be unable to log in to webmail and suggess that you use an email client. They also say that there maybe a delay in sending and receiving emails which is what the status page says.

My problem is that I get an error message when I attempt to send. I rang the support line and a very helpful agent told me that some are working OK - same can send but not receive and some [like me] can receive but not send.

The agent did say that the estimated fix time was 'the end of the day'.

I'm not holding my breath!

mikeb
Rising Star

" I've been with PN for 20 years and it's never been declared as a free service. If that's the attitude of PN they might find an exodus.  Even the member centre doesn't work properly now! Do ya proud!! "

I think it's been kinda implied a few times over the past ~25 years that I've been around but I doubt that any of them actually constitute an "official" statement so to speak.

However, didn't "email only accounts" for those who have left PN but wanted to retain Ye Olde PN e-mail address which used to be chargeable suddenly become free-of-charge a while back ?  I'm almost certain I read that somewhere and thought at the time that it probably signals a discontinuation of e-mail services coming sometime in the not too distant future. Similar thoughts every time webspace issues don't get addressed and/or sorted out properly.

If it does happen then PN certainly wouldn't be the first ISP to dump e-mail and they've already dumped virtually all of the original services provided plus "added value" style services over the years. Fax2email, voip, smtp, usenet etc. all long gone. Regrettably, I will therefore not be in slightest bit surprised if/when e-mail and webspace joins that list despite both being in daily use since day one with force9 Sad

B T Plusnet, a bit kinda like P T Barnum ...

... but quite often appears to feature more clowns Tongue
stuck
Rising Star

Re: Attention Plusnet - Major E-mail Issues

At the moment I can receive and send email using POP via my Outlook 2016 client.

Earlier today (around 08:30) I could log in to Webmail but there was nothing there.  Not even the folders were listed in the left hand frame.  Now though (13:45) I can't even get to the login page.  Instead (using Firefox) I eventually get a 'service not available' page. 

stuck