Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

molly8
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Attention Plusnet - Major E-mail Issues

Now unable to sign in to Madasafish - previously could sign in but all folders empty.  Few emails coming through to email client but many still missing unfortunately.  When is this going to be sorted?  and an explanation of the cause of the chaos might help us to understand why it is taking so long to be sorted out.

aw_Wilts
Hooked

Re: No Email Access

We have received some emails, but we're fairly confident that some are still missing.

We cannot send emails at the moment, they just timeout.

chips
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Re: Email down since yesterday evening

Still can't log in to email  (as of midday 11/11/21).  My wife is receiving some of hers (via my account) on her ipad.  Tried webmail - all i get is "server error".  Perhaps I have tried "enter new password" too often Huh

TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: After Yesterdays Outage

@jab1  Hi can now receive mail to my main acc nor but cannot send any mail...cannot receive or send any mail from my secondary ( my wifes) account. hopefully it will be back soon

John

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: email service - missing emails

Hope you're all well.

Customers should now be able to log into their Plusnet email, however they may experience a delay when sending and receiving emails. We’re working to fix this as quickly as possible and we’re sorry for the inconvenience caused. Plusnet broadband and mobile services are not affected.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
LoneBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

My emails seem to have arrived, not sure if all from yesterday have, but I am now getting problems with sending emails. The error message says Error Code 0x800CCC1A. Server does not support encrypton type you have specified - contact your ISP. I haven't changed anything and looking at my email accounts all are set to SSL/TLS. Trying to change to other options STARTTLS or auto results in Outlook hanging on "we are getting things ready". I am using Outlook 2016 with Windows 10. My Gmail account also set to SSL/TLS is sending normally.

maisonsmith
Hooked

Thanks for the update Adam.

I can now sign into email and have downloaded todays, but have non from yesterday(Wednesday).

Has there been data loss or will they be coming through later?

outinthesticks
Grafter

continuing help with emails

Following yesterday's outage I am receiving emails but am unable to send, the server connection keeps dropping. And the broadband speed generally is even more dire than usual. I've tried to raise a ticket but the 'help and support' pages just send me round in circles and don't address the problem I'm having. Via Twitter I've sent a DM but had no response (as an aside I'm truly appalled by how PM have handled this but that's not the purpose of this post).

I'm now really behind with my work and just desperate to regain functioning email and broadband speed. I hope someone in PN can pick this up and respond. 

Astral42
Hooked

Re: No Email Access

Nearly 28 Hours with little or no emails.

Still can't send any.

No real explanation.

Time to look at a different provider.

Called contact number "still working on it" and "email is a free service"

Previous messages saying it's a trial run for dropping email sounds correct.

harrym1byt
Rising Star

Re: No email this morning 10 November

"Customers should now be able to log in their Plusnet email, however they may experience a delay when sending and receiving emails. We’re working to fix this as quickly as possible and we’re sorry for the inconvenience caused. Plusnet broadband and mobile services are not affected"

Nope - I have not been able to log into to the outgoing server since yesterday morning, so I have emails stuck in my outbox. I can login to receive inbound, but so far only one inbound email received, I am aware of least ten which ought to have arrived yesterday afternoon. I have also sent test emails via another provider this morning, none of which arrived. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Where Are My Emails?

Hi everybody. I'm really sorry for the continued issues with your emails.

We'll keep you updated via our service status Here and Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
insussex
Grafter

Down again [-Censored-]

This is getting stupid now Sad

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

All my accounts receive - very slow downloading the mail though, but no send functionality at the moment,

John
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Still having issues on a Plusnet mail account. Using webmail, cannot even get to the login page; using clients they cannot login to check/retrieve mail. Thankfully I only use Plusnet email for some very minor addressees and so am not too bothered, so far.

highside57PN
Hooked

I too find I can receive but cannot send.  The email is visible in the sent folder on both the phone and the laptop but is not reaching the recipient.  Is this because there is an enormous backlog or is there an ongoing problem?