Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: No Email Access

@KevH wrote:

Not sure I agree with the "Issue first occurred on : 10 November 2021 7:56 AM" statement...

You may have had individual issues prior to this, and I'd be happy to help you resolve them once this issue is resolved, but we've had an outage today impacting a number of systems and our engineers are working with the relevant vendors to find a resolution. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
kmw350
Rising Star

Re: No email this morning 10 November

Same here, thanks for posting - it always helps to see it's not just me, otherwise I start messing with all my pc settings and just make things worse Smiley

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I assume this is why I struggled all yesterday evening trying to set up email my new phone.

PC email was working last night but won't receive this this morning. 

breslaw
Rising Star

I've had no email since before 8:00 this morning. It's now 9:30. Could PlusNet tell us what is wrong, give us an update, and an expected time to resolution. Thanks very much.

49Howarth
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I'm also affected - with no email access this morning.

It would be really helpful if Plusnet could sent a global email message to all users when the problem is solved !

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@breslaw See message #2 above.

John
martinund
Grafter

This affects both POP3 access to email (from a POP client on Windows or Android) and webmail access to webmail.plus.net.

I've not tried sending, but receiving is broken. For POP, the symptom is a timeout as opposed to an immediate error message.

Ah well. I'll try later in the day.

pwberry
Dabbler

Re: Attention Plusnet - Major E-mail Issues

It went down at about 11:15 last night as I was working, gave up and went to bed thinking I'd just pick it up in the morning. 

Same old this morning.  Worryingly,  I use a metronet account - and now the metronet option has disappeared from the PlusNet webmail login page.   Is there something I don't know?

breslaw
Rising Star

@breslaw See message #2 above.

Message #2 is the kind of boilerplate non-informative blah that most companies put out in these situations. Quite often when they say "some customers have been experiencing ...", they mean all customers. When they say "we're working really hard ..", the customers have no idea if that means it'll be fixed in minutes or months. I am not being cynical, I am speaking from real world experience. The best way to put customers' minds at rest is to tell the truth, so each customer can make an informed decision how they can get the rest of their day in order based on real information.

Surfer
Grafter

Sadly I need email proof to collect 2 items that need to be collected this morning.  Not sure why it is taking so long to repair?

GlobalSteve
Dabbler

regarding time of failure, mine was working around midnight 09NOV, but at 2am this morning 10NOV  . . . . . NOTHING !  So it appear the issue occurred at sometime around 00:00hrs and 00:20hrs this morning.  Just glad it is not something I did my end 😉

mhi1
Grafter

Thank you, @JonoH , for the update. For information - my IMAP trace logs look like this:

* creating IMAP4 connection to imap.plus.net:143 ...
response< * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4REV1] perdition ready on mail.plus.net 00029ceb
request> 17 CAPABILITY
response< * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4REV1
response< 17 OK CAPABILITY
request> 18 LOGIN ****** ********
response< * BYE Temporary problem, please try again later

A quite different sysmptom from the usual mid-command disconnections, but I know better than to try to guess the cause. It's happening for all my PlusNet mailboxes.

jezport
Dabbler

Can we have an update on this. Im on the Freenetname / Madasafish webmail

jezport
Dabbler

Re: Attention Plusnet - Major E-mail Issues

Im with the old Freenetname / Madasafish email and still nave no email.

Hope that the long serving customers from previous mergers dont get forgotten.

Hazel74
Rising Star

Yup, been down that route a few times 😵