cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email being received into Outlook

owletts

No email being received into Outlook

For the last 2 or 3 weeks I have been having problems receiving email into my Outlook account.  First of all I noticed that emails were arriving intermittently, out of sequence and a day or two late.  Then I stopped receiving emails altogether.  People sending to me said they got a message my inbox was full.  I have deleted lots of emails and old folders.  I have tried to fix using the repair icon on my email.  I got the message:  problem connecting to server.  An encrypted connection to your mail server is not available.  Click next to attempt using an unencrypted connection.  Today I tried again and get the following message:  Task 'owletts@care4free.net' - receiving reported error (Ox80042108): 'Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) email server.  If you continue to receive this message contact your server administrator or ISP.  I have tried contacting Plusnet without success, they advise I come to this forum for help.  Anyone?  

8 REPLIES 8
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: No email being received into Outlook

Can you successfully access the mail box using webmail?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

owletts

I can log in to my John Lewis webmail, but there is no mail there - one of the first things I checked.

owletts

I was told by JL customer support yesterday that there is a problem with Plusnet's servers, and people are reporting problems with email, and they don't know when it will be fixed.  However, this has not been mentioned before.,

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

That’s a different matter. Can you log into the care4free mailbox using webmail?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

owletts

There doesn't appear to be a care4free webmail, but I have logged into Madasafish (which took over care4free and was subsequently taken over by Plusnet).  There were several recent emails there, some of which were legitimate, and I have forwarded them to my gmail address, others were spam and I deleted.

owletts

If I go into my Outlook account I get the following message "Task'owletts@care4free.net - Receiving reported error (Ox80042108): 'Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) email server.  If you continue to receive this message contact your service administrator or ISP.

owletts

Interestingly I have received email which I can see on my tablet, but not my PC. 

When I check account settings on my Outlook a/c on my PC under server information, account type POP3 is greyed out - is that significant?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Having multiple email clients all using POP3 is going to cause a lot of confusion.  POP3 is only really suitable where there is a single PC involved ... and not even then!