Did you mean: 

New webmail problems?

FIXED
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: New webmail problems?

@jab1 ,

You said: "FYI, Bob Pullen's responsibilities don't extend to the webmail platform. 'Thinking about' the current client is not to say they are abandoning webmail."

If I remember it correctly, some years ago, Bob Pullen had contributed to having Round Cube as the PN's Webmail client. Hence my mentioning his name.  From what I understand, Bob Pullen is roving ambassador for Plus Net.

In any case, I need to use the webmail regularly and therefore my needs are totally different from yours.  Having said that I notice that the webmail has behaved very nicely (stable) and no messing around.

So, the support guys, what have you done to the webmail client to behave so nicely.

I look forward to hearing soon from you about the cure you have used to the webmail.

Many regards,

Chandu.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@chandu 

We can’t really answer that as we don’t have that information. From a support point of view, all we know at this stage is that the problem is under investigation. We don’t know the finer and more intricate details of what’s happening behind the scenes to fix it.

I’m glad to see though that webmail’s behaving nicely for you at the moment, long may that be the case Thumbs_Up

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
chandu
Rising Star

@Gandalf ,

Thank you for your prompt response.  Much appreciated.

However, it would be nice to know what was causing the issues with instability and erratic behavior.

Please keep us posted with any news on the webmail.

Thanks again and regards,

Chandu. 

chandu
Rising Star

@Gandalf ,

I am sorry that I spoke a bit too soon about how the webmail started to behave nicely.

Today I am having issues with showing just the INBOX and not displaying all the ticked folders, Unable to load the message - server errors etc.

So, guys, what is going on?  Please talk to us and do not leave us in the dark, unless of course it is a BIG trade secret!!!!!!

Are you guys experimenting with the set up - by enabling and disabling some functions?

I plea with you guys, Please do not leave us in the dark.

Talk to us.

Chandu.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@chandu

I'm sorry to see you're having issues again with webmail.

I appreciate the frustration but I'm afraid we don't have further specific updates to share apart from we're still investigating.

Have you considered setting your emails on a mail client? There are steps Here if you're unsure how. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@chandu 

Sorry you're having problems but I am surprised that some people still entrust their important email requirements to freebie services such as Plusnet's. This has been widely discussed and the general advice is to use an email client. Gandalf suggests some ways to do this. 

Plusnet charges you for broadband and phone, while your email and a couple of other things are provided as free extras. As always, you get what you pay for and I think most ISP provided email is rubbish ... I gave up on PN's clunky awkward webmail when trying to set it up when I joined PN many years ago and spend about £3 per month for excellent service and backup from Fastmail.  Another advantage is that you can change ISP without change to your email addy/service. 

For the record I hold no brief for either PN or Fastmail other than as a satisfied customer.

chandu
Rising Star

@Longliner ,

Thanks for your advise. 

I am sorry that I do have to rely on freebees as my pension does not allow me to get a paid email client.

It would have helped a lot if you had suggested the mail clients yourself.

You mentioned Gandalf's suggestions, but nothing about what they are.

Not very helpful, is it ?

Many regards,

Chandu.

chandu
Rising Star

@Gandalf ,

Thanks for your response.  I am quit willing to use the mail client, but I have 3 email addresses (which were offered to me -multiple addresses -  at the time I had joined the Plus net) to cover.  It would help if you can offer a solution to cover all 3 addresses and how.

Your help in setting up the mail client for all 3 email addresses will be appreciated.

Await your response.

Regards,

Chandu.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @chandu

Thanks for your post, it all depends on which clients you're using to set up your Plusnet Email service on.

Further information on setting up with third party email clients can be found here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
chandu
Rising Star

@adam945 ,

Thank you for your response.  Please do help me out with which client will allow me to have more than 2 addresses to cope with various emails and in addition it would be very helpful if the client will allow me to set up additional folders to save the important emails (e.g. Quotations, Insurance docs, Big Item purchases, etc.).

I will appreciate it if you can help me to decide on the client to use.

Many regards,

Chandu.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @chandu

I genuinely can't recommend any third party clients, simply because Plusnet will no be able to provide any technical support on how to use them. It's best to raise this question to the wider Plusnet Community Members on here though whom I'm sure will be able to suggest clients to use.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
chandu
Rising Star

@adam945 ,

Thank you very much for your help.

Many regards,

Chandu.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Others will have better knowledge than myself, but for what it's worth I have used Thunderbird for years. I have three email addys and Tbird keeps each in a separate section, and each section can contain as many folders as you like. I have six years' emails backed up and have never had problems. 

I use the basic Fastmail which offers business accounts but I think Tbird should work with PN just as well.

chandu
Rising Star

@Longliner ,

Thank you for your reassuring post in favour of using Thunderbird as email client.  I appreciate it and I need to decide soon.  I will try and keep you all updated.

Kind regards,

Chandu.